Since its inception more than 50 years ago, Medicaid has evolved from a small health program, adjunct to welfare, to an integral part of the nation’s health insurance system. Today, Medicaid is the country’s largest insurer and the single largest payer in every state, covering more than 20% of the U.S. population.
Emerging from the repeal and replace battles of the past two years with strong public support, Medicaid continues to be at the forefront of healthcare policy action in 2019. States are driving much of the activity, including several states that are expanding or poised to expand Medicaid this year. The Trump administration is driving its policy priorities largely through Section 1115 demonstration waivers.
In a new webinar, Manatt Health will reveal the top Medicaid trends—and their implications—that you need to watch in 2019 and beyond. Click here to register free. During the session, you will:
- Learn about the major trends transforming Medicaid—and what new forces are emerging.
- Gain key insights into each trend’s evolution—from its current status to its anticipated impact.
- Explore how current Medicaid trends will affect the full spectrum of healthcare audiences, including states, providers, plans, pharmaceutical manufacturers and patients.
- Examine how states and the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) are using Section 1115 demonstration waivers to advance policy priorities and test the limits of waiver authority to define the parameters of the Medicaid program.
- Understand how Medicaid is addressing today’s most critical healthcare issues, from coping with the opioid crisis to targeting social determinants of health.
Even if you can’t make our original program on May 21, click here to register free now, and we will send you a link to view the program on demand.