Please sign in to view members only features
Exclusive IR Member for:
- IP - Patents
Jeff Zuber is a founder of Zuber Lawler & Del Duca. He focuses on intellectual property, regulatory and commercial litigation. He frequently handles hotly contested corporate and partnership disputes. Mr. Zuber’s litigation experience includes trial and appellate advocacy in federal and state courts as well as arbitration and mediation proceedings. He typically represents large corporations and government entities both domestically and internationally.
- Patent Infringement Litigation: Lead counsel in representation of an iconic publicly-traded apparel designer and manufacturer in a patent infringement action filed against it relating to an internet technology patent. Obtained favourable settlement for client, including a full release with no monetary payment;
- Patent Infringement Litigation: Lead counsel in action filed against client regarding a technology utility patent, and successfully pressured overseas manufacturer to offer defence and indemnity to our client after having ignored demand letters from patent troll for approximately one year. Manufacturer soon paid for a full license, and the client was dismissed with prejudice from the action without any payment whatsoever;
- Patent Infringement Litigation: Represented a large international appliance manufacturer and distributor in defence against a manufacturing utility patent. Formulated significant defences in both invalidity and non‐infringement. Settled for a fraction of nuisance value;
- Patent Infringement Litigation: Lead counsel in a patent infringement claim against the client by a well known and successful patent troll. Negotiated settlement of the matter for far less than the cost of a responsive pleading, and far lower than the history of claims by this troll;
- Trade Secret Litigation: Lead counsel in defence of a technology consulting company against employee’s former employer regarding claims of trade secret misappropriation, including confidential client information. An obtained settlement, including dismissal of all claims for no monetary payment;
- Trade Secret Litigation: Lead counsel in defence of a technology consulting company against employee’s former employer regarding claims of trade secret misappropriation, including confidential client information. Obtained settlement for legal fees estimated at about 1/3 the estimated cost of litigating through trial;
- Appeal From $62,784,000 Judgment: Lead counsel on successful appeal obtaining reversal of a $62,784,000 million judgment against client. Successfully argued that the trial court used an improper valuation method for a close corporation, notwithstanding the failure of appellants to properly object at trial before retaining appellate counsel;
- Class Action Litigation: Lead counsel for international publicly‐traded cosmetics conglomerate in defence of a class action for breach of the criminal statute concerning the recording of customer service calls. Convinced plaintiff’s counsel to dismiss action due to substantive defence concerning statutory interpretation, as well as a separate defence based on class certification. No monetary payment was made;
- Class Action Litigation: Lead counsel in class action suit concerning breach of membership agreements and demand for rescission by class members. Successfully obtained favourable settlement;
- Proposition 65: Successfully resolved California Proposition 65 claims against major novelty candy importer, through engagement and direction of expert toxicology analysis, together with the conduct of operations compliance audit and associated update of best practices implementation;
- Corporate Ownership Dispute: Lead counsel in representation of a real estate holding company and various shareholders against opposing shareholder claiming control of the company. Won declaratory relief obtaining control of the company for the client;
- Contract Dispute: Lead counsel in representation of technology design and manufacturing company against the State of California over breach of a contract for the design and manufacture of high tech safety and communication devices for use on California’s highways. Obtained favourable settlement for a client; and
- Environmental Regulations: Counseled a utility regarding jurisdictional issues over the construction of the power plant.
Professional Honors & Activities
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, California State Bar, Litigation Section
- Member, Los Angeles County Bar Association
The lawyers at Zuber Lawler & Del Duca exemplify the spirit of our emerging global culture and its demanding substance. With clients all over the world, and attorneys with expertise in the laws of numerous foreign territories, ours is truly an international practice. We have attorneys dually trained in both common and civil law systems, with the corresponding seasoning in cultural insight and languages, including Armenian, Chinese, Farsi, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, and Taiwanese, among others.