As the UK is eased out of lockdown, many sectors have started to open their doors to the public. However, the hospitality and leisure sector has remained, in most parts, at a standstill with reports from last month stating that sales are expected to be down by 56% this year compared to last, reducing revenues by £73 billion. This, coupled with the fact that parts of Europe are now experiencing a possible second wave of Coronavirus (COVID-19) and parts of the UK are reinstating lockdowns, the sector faces a long road to recovery.
You are invited to join us on Friday 14 August at 9.30 am for the next webinar in our series, where our experts will take a look at various scenarios faced by many businesses operating in the sector, providing insight into what they can do now and in the coming months to prepare for some challenging trading conditions.
The discussion will consider:
- The current status of the sector, highlighting which parts have seen the greatest impact.
- Measures introduced and more proposed by the UK Government to support the sector.
- What businesses in the hospitality and leisure sector are doing to diversify their offering, looking at whether digital channels could be used to reinvigorate its recovery.
- The impacts of hospitality and leisure restrictions on the UK holiday market and supply chain.
- Options available for businesses to prepare for the future.
The discussion will be chaired by Nick Simmonds, a managing director in our Restructuring & Insolvency team who will be joined by Simon Bonney – also a managing director in our Restructuring & Insolvency team – together with Philip Shepherd, an independent strategy consultant with significant expertise in the hospitality and leisure sectors.
Promising to be insightful, we look forward to welcoming you.