The National Migration Service of the Republic of Panama has resolved as per Resolution 17405 of August 29th, 2019, that all foreigners who have remained outside the national territory for a period between two (2) to six (6) years, may request the Rehabilitation of their Permanent Residence Permit; counting a term of thirty (30) business days from the date of entry into the country, for the presentation of their application.
- Provide a simple copy of the Resolution which granted the Definitive Permanence, or a copy of his/her Permanent Residence Card.
- Copy of passport generals and registration stamp.
- Authenticated copy of the card granted by the National Directorate of Cedulation of the Electoral Tribunal.
- Sworn affidavit before a Notary Public, stating the reasons why he/she was out of the country during this period.
- Application submitted by his/her Legal Representative.
Exceptions: Italian citizens who have obtained their Permanent Residence as per the Treaty of Friendship, Commerce and Navigation between Panama and Italy; and those foreigners who have obtained their Temporary Residence through Extraordinary Migration Regularization processes.
Those foreigners who have been outside Panamanian territory for more than six (6) years, must initiate a new immigration process.