With effects from October 1st, on September 4th was published Law nº 93/2019 that changes, once again, the Portuguese Labour Code and the Social Security welfare system.
The most important changes are on the following matters:
1. Trial period applicable to non-fixed term employment contracts;
2. New rules to fixed term employment contracts (motivations, maximum duration, renewals, etc);
3. Intermittent employment contracts;
4. Minimum of hours of mandatory employee professional formation;
5. Working hours credit negotiation;
6. Special Social Security Welfare System contribution related to the volume of existing fixed term employment contracts.
We are at your disposal to any enlightening you may need about the recent changes of the Labour and Social Security Law.