In 2019, we at GESSEL put a lot of effort in further developing our expertise at the nexus of transactional services – a traditional forte of our firm – and the new technologies sector. Our efforts have clearly been noted by our Clients, who afforded us the opportunity to advise on 10 key m&a | private equity | venture capital deals in the sector. We are very grateful to our Clients and very proud of each one of our tech deals.
- We advised shareholders of Przelewy24 (a well-known payment services provider) in connection with the establishment of the strategic alliance with Nets Denmark a/s (a portfolio company of Hellman & Friedman, Bain Capital and Advent International) and its Polish subsidiaries Dotpay and eCard under the new brand P24 DotCard Group. This was our biggest fintech deal in Poland to date.
- We advised Enterprise Investors on their successful exit from 3S S.A. (fibre optics and data centre services provider), which was sold to P4 Sp. z o.o. (a subsidiary of Play Communications S.A.).
- We advised mLeasing from mBank Group, on the acquisition of LeaseLink (offering leasing as a payment method) from its founders and shareholders.
- We advised Wirtualna Polska Media, a company from the Wirtualna Polska Holding group, in connection with the acquisition of AutoCentrum.pl S.A. (a new media company providing content relating to vehicles and motoring) from OPONEO S.A.
- We advised Inovo Venture Partners (a leading CEE venture capital fund located in Poland) on the investment in Tidio Poland Sp. z o.o. (a global chat-bot services provider).
- We advised Sunfish Partners (a German-Polish venture capital fund powered by PFR Ventures) on its investments in Perfops (a provider of load balancer and data analytics platforms) and Molecule one (developer of AI-powered chemical synthesis design software).
- We advised to DialCom24 (a Polish new technology company holding) on its acquisition of Infinite Sp. o.o. (EDI software provider) from Emperia Holding S.A.