FACTS OF THE CASE
- Name of the Case: Eley Trading Sdn Bhd v Kwek Soo Chuan  SGIPOS 15
- Tribunal/forum: IPOS
- Eley Trading Sdn Bhd (Applicant)
- Manufacturer and distributor of religious products sold in various countries including Singapore.
- Owner of Singapore Trade Mark No. T0010570B for “” (“Earlier Mark”) in Class 3 for “Detergents other than for use in manufacturing operation and for medical purposes; incense; incense sticks; incense coils; incense cones; incense sprays; joss sticks; scented oils and scented preparations; soaps in liquid form; soaps for use on a person; all included in Class 3”, registered on 19 June 2000.
- Kwek Soo Chuan (Proprietor)
- Sole proprietor of business in Singapore called Bodhi Buddhist Products, distributing Buddhist products such as incense, joss sticks and scented oils.
- Owner of Singapore Trade Mark No. T1305626H for “菩提” (the “Mark”) in Class 3 for “Incense; incense sticks; incense coils; incense cones; incense sprays; joss sticks; scented oils; scented preparations” (the “Goods”).
To read in full please CLICK HERE