As a member of the European Union, Portugal offers access to a market of 27 countries with around 450M consumers. It provides entry into a global market of 220M of Portuguese speaking consumers.
Competitive factors of Portugal as a destination for investment:
- Competitive conditions for real estate investment
- Attractive tax regime for expatriates and Portuguese emigrants
- Favourable conditions for obtaining a residence permit (Golden Visa) and nationality
- Highly qualified workforce
- Attractive climate, quality of life, 60% of the population speaks a second language, international schools, comprehensive healthcare system, safety and hospitality
Find out more about Doing Business in Portugal in our 2021 guide, in German Language, specially produced by SÉRVULO’s German desk.