The parties to this sales project have announced that they were entering into exclusive negotiations. BG2V (Hervé de Kervasdoué, Guillaume de Saint Sernin, partners, and Jérôme Albertin, counsel) is assisting M6 in its sale to the American private equity fund General American Capital Partners (GACP) of 100% of FC Girondins de Bordeaux.
Acquired in 1999 by the M6 Group, since then FC Girondins de Bordeaux has been in the 1st division. It has qualified 12 times in European competition and reached the quarter finals of the Champions League in 2010. Its women’s team and training center are also recognized as among the highest performing in France.
With the possible sale of FC Girondins de Bordeaux, which would take place in a context of increasing budgets of several clubs of the League 1, the M6 Group considers that the sports project and investment strategy proposed by the GACP is the best option for the club in terms of advancing and earnings.
BG2V is assisting the M6 Group for all the corporate and employment aspects related to this acquisition, which confirms the firm’s expertise:
• in the soccer sector, in which Hervé de Kervasdoué has been working for several years. He had already advised Qatar Sport Investments in 2011 for the acquisition of the PSG, but also,
• in the media sector, in which Hervé de Kervasdoué has worked for several years for M6, but also for other top-tier actors.
M6 Group’s lawyers:
• BG2V, with Hervé de Kervasdoué, partner, and Jérôme Albertin, counsel, for the corporate aspects, and Guillaume de Saint Sernin, partner, for the employment law aspects related to this acquisition.
M6 Group’s tax lawyers:
• Arsene Taxand, with Denis Andres, partner.
• Winston & Strawn with Jérôme Herbet, partner, and Aurélie Charmard, associate.
Buyer’s finance lawyers:
• Shearman & Sterling,
• Latham & Watkins.
BG2V is an independent French law firm created in 2010. With more than 30 lawyers, including 11 partners, BG2V offers full service to its clients in all business law fields.
Recognized for their expertise and personal commitment, our partners, accompanied by their specialized teams, work in the fields of corporate/mergers-acquisitions, private equity, distressed companies, tax and intellectual property/new technologies law, litigation, and commercial, criminal, employment and real estate law. We provide customized, high-quality services to our clients at a controlled cost.
BG2V’s lawyers work both in French and English and are admitted to practice in France with certain lawyers being admitted to practice in the United States (New York Bar). For the firm’s cross-border cases (notably in continental Europe, in Anglo-Saxon countries and in the Middle East), the firm has also established preferred relationships with foreign law firms who share the same degree of excellence and legal expertise.
To learn more: bg2v.com