On 19 May 2022, Anuwat Ngamprasertkul, Partner and Head of Litigation and Dispute Resolution as well as Co-Head of Tech-Media-Telecoms (TMT), was invited to speak at a panel discussion on the topic “Check PDPA Compliance Readiness before Full Enforcement”, as the Personal Data Protection Act (PDPA) will be fully enforced on 1 June 2022.
Based on his significant role in advising on and implementing compliance with personal data protection law in Thailand for leading companies in several industries, Anuwat provided recommendations to organizations that are still in the process of implementing PDPA compliance to prepare the following:
- Training to raise employee awareness of PDPA fundamentals together with Do’s and Don’ts
- Workshop to explore and identify persons where data flows inside the organization
- Determine risks related to personal data usage in business models
- Design effective safeguards and PDPA compliance documents including privacy notice, consent, data subject right forms and procedures as well as all related policies that are suitable to the business operations
- Assign the right person to be a data protection officer with the proper authorization for governance of PDPA compliance
- Have a supporting software solution to mitigate human error and drive faster implementation.
The event was organized by Prime Solution and Services Co., Ltd., a leading IT software firm. Please contact Anuwat if you are interested in learning more about preparing for the PDPA, at [email protected].