Commercial Law in Ghana
212/5 P. O. Box KIA 16141 (Premises of the Old Pan African Hotel) Airport, Accra. (Near Nima Roundabout) Ghana. Accra., Accra
- BL, Ghana School of Law, Accra(April 1998)
- BA, (Hons) French and Spanish, University of Ghana Legon(1986)
- Post Graduate Diploma(Public Relations/Marketing), GIJ, Accra(Project Work Not Submitted)(1997)
- Diplome Superieur – Alliance Francaise, Paris(1980)
- Diploma, Spanish Proficiency, University of Havana, Cuba(1984-Year Abroad)
- Certificate in Managerial Leadership Skills, MDPI, Accra(1992)
- Attended so many local and International Legal Conferences.
- Worked with The National Service Scheme and Ministry of Education for about ten years as a Project Coordinator and Head of Public Relations and Editor, “National Service Today”. (1986-1994)
- Later worked with the Ghana Institution of Engineers, as Legal Advisor / Corporate Relations Officer and Editor of the “Ghana Engineer”(!997-1999)
- Did pupilage and later worked as an Associate with Ntim Boateng &Associates(Kyidom Chambers) Accra from 1997 to 2009;
- Has since April 2009 been the Managing Partner of a Private Law Firm, Legal Alliance, Ringway Estates, Osu, Accra.(Just moved to a new location near the Nima Roundabout,Accra)
- I have consulted for a lot of both foreign and local companies, and NGOS including:
- Academy for Educational Development(AED)
- Ghana Sustainable Change Project (GSCP)(Subsiadiary of AED)
- SHARP.(Subsidiary of AED)
- AED – Ghana - CEDEM
- Linkages (Subsidiary of AED)
- DevTech Systems, Inc / Safe School Project on some labour related issues.
- Grameen Foundation;
- Emmaland Resources Ghana Ltd
- Cadero Resources/Cadero Ghana Ltd
- Abzu Resources Ghana Ltd.,
- Goldline Mining Ghana Ltd,
- Universal Oil Company Ltd,
- Mitsumi Computer Ghana Ltd
- Vikings Investment Fund/Vikings Hostels Ltd;
- Cedars Real Estates Company Ltd,.
- CNQC(QINGJIAN INT’L(GHANA)DEVELOPMENT CO.LTD
- Songlin Beverages Ghana Ltd etc.
- Was the Honorary Legal Advisor to the Ghana Red Cross Society and Member of the Council.(2007-2009)
- Member of the Ghana Bar Association.
- Member of the Commonwealth Lawyers Association.
- Member of the International Bar Association
- Member of Advocates Africa.
- Member of Advocates International.
- Allied Attorney of Alliance Defense Fund (ADF)
International Conferences Attended include:
- Advocates Africa, Conference in Lagos, 2003.
- Advocates International, Conference in Virginia, USA 2004.
- Advocates International, Conference in Johannesburg, South Africa, Sept. 2005
- Advocates Africa, Conference, Washington DC, USA Nov. 2008.
- West Coast / Central Africa Legal Advisors Conference of ICRC, Lagos, Nov. 2007.
- Legal Advisors Conference, International Committee for Red Cross (ICRC), Geneva, 2008.
- Legal Advisors Conference, International Federation of Red Cross (IFRC), Geneva, 2008.
- West Coast and Central Africa Legal Advisors Conference, IFRC, Abuja, Nov. 2008
- Commonwealth Lawyers Association Conference in Hong Kong, April 2009.
- Legal Advisors Conference, International Committee for Red Cross (ICRC), Geneva, 2009.
- Legal Advisors Conference, International Federation of Red Cross (IFRC), Geneva, 2009.
- National Litigation Academy of the Alliance Defense Fund Conference in Chicago, October 2010.
- Represented the Ghana Red Cross Society at a Workshop on Management of Community-based Projects of National Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies in Beijing, China (07/01/ 2009-07/14/2009)
- Advocates Africa Biannual Conference in Abuja, Nigeria,August 2011;
- International Bar Association Annual Conference,Dubai (UAE) October 2011;
- International Bar Association Annual Conference, Dublin, Ireland, October 2012;
- Commonwealth Lawyers Conference , Cape Town , South Africa, April, 2013;
- International Bar Association Annual Conference , Boston(Massachusetts) USA, October 2013;
Has also participated in several local conferences / Continuous Legal Education and Professional Development Seminars including:-
- Mediation Advocacy – August 2008 (Ghana Association of Certified Mediators and Arbitrators (GHACMA)
- Sensitization Seminar on Court – Connected Alternative Dispute Resolution Course (CCADR) for Lawyers, August 2008 (Judicial Training Institute).
- Sensitization Seminar on Court-Connected Alternative Dispute Resolution for Selected Lawyers,April 2014.(Judicial Training Institute/Ghana Bar Association)
- Training Programme for Selected Lawyers on Ghana Sentencing Guidelines,June 2014.(British High Commission/Ghana Bar Association)
Other Pro Bono and Christian Activities include:
- National Secretary (Mensah Sarbah Alumni Association, University of Ghana Legon)
- Director, Secretary &Vice President, Legon Chapter, Full Gospel Businessmen Fellowship International,(FGBMFI);
- Secretary & President, Kingsmen Fellowship (Men’s Fellowship of the Covenant Family Community Church, East Cantonments, Accra;
- Deacon, Covenant Family Community Family Church, East Cantonments, Accra.