Employment Law (Corporate) and Tax (Law) in Kuwait
Arkan Building # 4, 7th Floor, Block # 2, Street # 79, Bnaid Al-Ga, Kuwait, P.O.Box # 2532
Taher Group Law Firm (TAG) was set up in 1969 on Fahad Al Salim Street, Al Sharq Al Awsat Building, Kuwait. Upon establishment, the Group was headed by Dr. Jamal Eddin Ateyyah, attorney at law, holder of a PhD in the International Law from the French Sorbonne University, and one of the founders of the first Islamic bank worldwide in Luxembourg County.
Mr. Abdul Aziz Taher Al-Khateeb is one of the Kuwaiti lawyer forerunners as he was enrolled in the Kuwaiti bar for practicing the legal profession in 1969. Afterwards, the Group was joined by Mr. Khaled Taher Al-Khateeb, Mr. Jamal Taher Al-Khateeb and Mr. Fawaz Khaled Al-Khateeb along with other expert lawyers.
Throughout its fifty-year existence in the field, the Group took up ten thousands of lawsuits and consultancies in all legal aspects, which confers upon it proven track record.
OUR MISSION & VISION:
To render Taher Group Law Firm as a leading local, regional and International law Firm with high global standards in terms of provision of service through high quality and advanced legal standards with its main objective being to ensure the continuous development in its performance in a sustainable manner.
With an intention to propagate the service of Justice through a consolidation of the principle of the rule of law by raising awareness and disseminating the legal culture between the components of the society, individuals and institutions and to find its correct understanding and respect for the law and to comply with the same by establishing a stable society which shall be interdependent and secure. .
To work in support of the profession and complexity to evolve into modernity, and to continually generate professional ethics and boost in order to ensure its push it to a prominent position in modern society.
Taher Group works professionally in all types of civil, real estate, labor, insurance, commercial, maritime, trademark, patent, conciliation and arbitration cases, defense and litigation in criminal cases and medical malpractice. The following are some of the areas of expertise:
- Impart of Legal advice and the drafting of contracts for the commercial sector, companies and investment and individuals.
- Assistance in the incorporation of companies and provision of legal advice in the related work.
- Labor/employment law advice and attending disputes related to the labor law.
- Commercial contracts, maritime trade, banks and financial markets.
- Legal advice related to oil laws, investments, contracts, petroleum industries and disputes arising from them.
- Advise on Income Tax, file of returns and litigation related to taxes and tax decisions.
- Consultations and claims related to civil and professional liability, insurance and medical field.
- Administrative, sports and constitutional claims and contracts, regulation related to the participation of the private sector in the construction and development projects in the country, and the laws of direct investment.
- Judicial Arbitration and Disputes on Public, private partnerships ( P P P).
- Local, regional and international arbitration.
- Criminal cases (Misdemeanors and crimes) and issues of state security.
- Personal status cases and endowment disputes, wills and funds allocated for charity.
- Providing advice and legal services in accordance with the latest update/amended legislation through the daily follow-up of the new legislation issued in the State of Kuwait, the Gulf States and in Egypt.
Quality Management and Global rankings:
- ISO 9001 standard: Taher Legal Group is committed to providing the best legal services and high standards of quality by implementing the quality management system in accordance with the requirements of ISO 9001: 2008 from Lloyds Register – LRQA a UK based company.
- Global rankings: Taher Group is rated as a leading and elite firm according to the best ratings given by elite law global ranking firms by leading and certified rating agencies such as IFLR 1000, Chambers and Partners and Legal 500. Taher Group adapts taking a special approach to the quality of legal services and enhances its global reach in order to attain the highest standards.
Taher Group also provides legal services to Fortune 500 listed companies as well as leading small and medium-sized companies in their field. The Group also offers its services directly through its law firm based in the Arab Republic of Egypt in Cairo.Show more +
Mr. Vinson Vaz joined Taher Group Law Firm in the year 2011 and currently serves as the “Regional manager of the International Department” of the Group. He has more than 17 years of PQE in law and has worked in the legal field in Kuwait for more than ten years. He holds two bachelor’s degrees; one obtained in Commerce from Mangalore University, India in the year 1991 and another in laws from Mangalore University, India in the year 2001. He went on to obtain a Masters in Business laws from Kuvempu University, India during the year 2014. Mr. Vinson focuses mainly on international department clients, expatriates and locals of their requirements within the State of Kuwait as well as their overseas interests. He provides legal advice, consultations and assistance in all areas of laws related to expatriate population in the State of Kuwait. He also possesses vast strengths to execute inbound legal referral in a timely and periodic manner along with directing outbound referrals and legal assignments in order to successfully achieve the client’s objective. He is adept at providing legal opinions and advice on Franchise, distribution, consignment, Licensing - Software's, credit bureau, Medical & Pharmaceuticals, hospitality, Corporate acquisition, Incorporation of companies, Income tax on foreign companies etc He has extensive experience in international cooperation, legal referral and coordination with international legal allies including TAGLaw® and IRGLOBAL®. He manages the legal needs
of clients in Kuwait locally as well as internationally. Mr. Vinson’s efforts to ensure the success of the Taher Group's exposure in the international arena has resulted in the firm being globally ranked by Legal500, IFLR1000 and Chambers and Partners.
Show more +
Specialization and experience:
Mr. Vinson has over 17 years of post qualified experience in law, legal consultancy and contract drafting. During his tenure in the group, he has contributed towards growth of the International department and its administration and the organization of legal affairs within the department. He has also contributed to the provision of numerous consultations, drafting investment contracts and franchises and organizing commercial legal affairs for foreign companies and investors in Kuwait. He also contributed to managing the labor law issues according to the needs of the companies operating in Kuwait. His is adept at drafting of contracts and expressing his views and opinion on the commercial aspects of companies in relation to the Labor laws and other relevant laws.