Private Equity & Venture Capital in Germany
Frankfurt am Main, Ulmenstrasse 23-25, Frankfurt, 60325
Who we are
GvW Graf von Westphalen is a partnership of attorneys at law and tax advisors with 130 legal professionals. We are one of Germany’s largest independent law firms with our offices in Berlin, Düsseldorf, Frankfurt am Main, Hamburgand Munich. We also provide advice to clients around the world from our offices in Istanbul, Shanghai and Brussels and through our membership in several highly respected global networks.
Our independence is the key feature that sets us apart from competing law firms. Our roots extend back to the 19th century. We are not a “legal assembly line” – at our firm, you will work with and continue to work with the partner you know and respect.
What we offer
We offer advice on every aspect of business. We place particular importance on providing service from a single source.
We are one of Germany’s top law firms in many legal areas: the professional journal JUVE has listed us as a „leader” in such areas as „customs and foreign trade law” for many years. JUVE also recommends us in the areas of state aid, corporate/M&A, capital investment processes, conflict resolution, energy, food, private construction law, real estate, private equity & venture capital, PPP and project finance, project development, environment and construction, constitutional and administrative law, public procurement, insurance law and distribution. We were nominated as Law Firm of the Year „Mittelstand" and „Regulated Industries" by JUVE in 2017.
International and professional journal The Lawyer from Great Britain nominates GvW for the European Awards 2018 as „Germany's top law firm of the year".
Thanks to our law firm’s size, we are in a strong position to carry out the transaction business as well as provide on-going advice and long-range project work.
How we work
Finding a tailored solution for your concern in an individual, pragmatic and long-range manner. This is our approach:
- The highest level of legal advice, flexibility and service orientation are the standards by which we measure our performance. Our long-term client relationships demonstrate this commitment.
- Exceptional legal expertise and sector knowledge go hand in hand. Our thinking and actions are developed from the perspective of your own company in an interdisciplinary approach in our practice and focus groups.
- The thriving culture of partnership nurtured by our law firm, combined with strong team spirit, is a central tenet of all partners and employees. Our clients benefit from our emphasis on teamwork rather than being just a collection of sole practitioners.
- Even in complex cases that require the expertise of multiple specialists, you will always have a single contact partner assigned to you. Our teams are assembled on from all offices and with a focus on the client's field of business. Our principle is: „As lean as possible."
- There is no substitute for experience. At our law firm, partners are much more than team coordinators. They also work directly on cases themselves. As a result, you will receive the best-possible legal advice, provided at reasonable, transparent rates.
- Selected for inclusion in The Best Lawyers™ in Germany in the areas of:
- corporate (2018-2021); and
- venture capital (2020, 2021).
- Recommended by "Chambers Global” (2015-2020) for M&A (mid-market)
- Recommended by "The Legal 500 Deutschland" (2015-2017) for M&A, mid-sized international deals
Studied in Kiel and Guildford
Lawyer at a major international law firm; Partner at a corporate/technology boutique in Frankfurt
German Corporate Law Association [Gesellschaftsrechtliche Vereinigung]