Corporate Governance & Compliance in Germany
Brienner Straße 12, Munich, 80333
Eversheds Sutherland in Germany
In Germany, around 100 lawyers, tax advisors and notaries – amongst them 31 Partners – advise renowned corporations, medium-sized companies, investors, banks and other financial service providers regarding complex projects, cross-border transactions as well as in their daily business from our offices based in Berlin, Hamburg and Munich. 82 listed companies, including DAX-30 , MDAX and SDAX companies as well as 45 Fortune 500 companies count among our clients in Germany.
Eversheds Deutschland LLP changed its name to Eversheds Sutherland (Germany) LLP on 01 February 2017. Eversheds Deutschland LLP has been a fully integrated member of Eversheds since 2015. It has assumed business operations of Heisse Kursawe Eversheds, which was founded in 1974, taking legal effect from 11 June 2015. From 2005, the German entity was part of the firms' global network.
German, English, Polish, French
- Commercial agreements
- Commercial litigation
- International arbitration
- International trade
- Litigation and dispute management
Stefan is a Senior Associate in our Munich office.
He advises his clients in national and international corporate and commercial law and enforces their claims in German state courts as well as in national and international arbitral tribunals.
Stefan is also a lecturer at the German Military University in Munich. Amongst others, his lectures focus on German corporate law and international trade law.
He is a member of the American Bar Association (International Arbitration Committee), the German Institution of Arbitration, the committee on international law in the German Lawyers’ Association, the German-American Lawyers’ Association, the German-Polish Lawyers’ Association, the Toenissteiner Kreis, the German Youth for Understanding Committee, the Muenster University Debating Union, the German Debating Society and of the German Council on Foreign Relations.
After having obtained a high school degree in the USA as well as a German-French high school degree in Germany, Stefan studied law at the universities of Muenster, Lodz / Poland and Berlin. In Muenster, Stefan successfully passed additional training classes in legal English. Stefan was the president of the Muenster University Debating Union, one of the oldest and most successful Debating Unions in Germany, and regularly took part in debating tournaments in German and English. After his legal clerkship with the Higher Regional Court Berlin, Stefan worked for one of the worldwide largest US-based law firms from 2009 until 2011. From 2011 until 2017, he worked for one of the leading German international law firms.
In 2017, Stefan was appointed as expert on corporate governance, Germany, by the international IR-Global recommendation list.
Stefan's recent experience includes advising:
- A foreign company in an international trade dispute with a German company, including representation in arbitration under ICC-Rules
- A leading German medium- sized business in an international trade dispute, including representation in a German court
- A leading patent attorney law firm regarding the separation from two shareholders, including representation in follow-up ad-hoc arbitration
- A shareholder of a leading boutique law-firm regarding the separation of the Munich office from the other German offices, including representation in subsequent litigation in a German court
- An international investor in Post-M&A-Arbitration under DIS-Rules