Commercial Arbitration in Singapore
600 North Bridge Road #13-01, Parkview Square, Singapore, 188778
Established in 1988, CNPLaw LLP (CNP) is a full-service law firm with a talent for cross-border business. With about 100 staff, including close to 50 lawyers, and a strong network of international contacts, the firm has the capability to deliver legal solutions in Singapore and beyond.
CNP is consistently recognised as being amongst the top law firms in Singapore by leading legal publications such as Legal 500 Asia Pacific, International Financial Law Review 1000, Chambers and Partners and Asialaw Profiles.
Our practice areas include banking & finance, capital markets, corporate & M&A, employment, funds, insolvency & restructuring, intellectual property & technology, litigation & arbitration, private clients, real estate, and regulatory & compliance.
We focus on business involving Asia, in particular Greater China, India, Indonesia, Indo-China, Japan, Malaysia, the Philippines, as well as Singapore. Our lawyers are qualified in a number of jurisdictions as well as in Singapore and advise on cross-border transactions under English law.
The firm is a member of international networks such as Interlaw, a network with law firms located in more than 150 cities worldwide. IR Global, a network of professional services firms across 155+ jurisdictions and SCG Legal, a network located in 82 countries. With strong contacts in all the foreign jurisdictions where our clients do business, CNP is well-placed to meet the ever-increasing need for practical and effective legal services in Singapore and for cross-border business in Asia and beyond.
We make knowing our clients’ businesses our business and pride ourselves in providing innovative, yet practical and valuable advice.
FIND OUT MORE ABOUT OUR PRACTICES
- DISPUTE RESOLUTION
- FINANCIAL SERVICES
- INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY, MEDIA AND TECHNOLOGY
- PRIVATE CLIENTS, FAMILY OFFICES AND WEALTH MANAGEMENT
OUR ANNOUNCEMENTS FOR 2020
- CNPLaw LLP’s M&A practice ranked in Asian Legal Business M&A Rankings in 2020
- Managing Partner, Ms Lisa Theng is recommended by Who’s Who Legal 2020 for Corporate Governance
- CNPLaw LLP announces its Chief Business Development Officer, Mr Benjamin Pwee
- Mr Jimmy Yap audited the course on Indonesian law held at the National University of Singapore
- CNPLaw has been appointed to be on the Singapore Medical Council’s panel of legal assessors for the second consecutive year
- CNPLaw’s Ms Tan Min-Li is recognised in the 12th edition of Best Lawyers in Singapore
- CNPLaw LLP recommended in Benchmark Litigation Asia Pacific 2020
- CNPLaw is once again “Recommended by The Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2020” as a leading law firm
- CNPLaw ushers in the new decade and grows to 18 partners with the addition of Ms Cinda Sim and Ms Wong Pei-Ling
- Corporate staff play a strategic role at CNPLaw
- CNPLaw participates in the Payment Regulatory Evaluation Program for Payment Firms to access legal services
- CNPLaw ranked in IFLR1000 2020
- CNPLaw ranked a “Recommended” firm in Asialaw Profiles 2020
CNPupdate ISSUE 5 IS OUT NOW!
Introducing CNPupdate, CNPLaw’s bi-monthly newsletter that highlights changes and developments within CNPLaw and legal articles of matters of topical interests. To read our latest issue, please click here.Show more +
Soo Ling’s main areas of practice are intellectual property and dispute resolution. She has experience in a diverse range of matters such as building construction, company law, commercial law, disciplinary proceedings, employment law, family law, intellectual property, property law, probate & administration and shareholder disputes.
As head of the intellectual property team, she manages a team that ensures that the intellectual property rights of our clients are protected around the world. She is also deputy head of the Dispute Resolution team. For more information about Soo Ling, please click here.
- Recommended for Dispute Resolution - Legal 500 Asia Pacific, 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020
- Recommended for Intellectual Property - Legal 500 Asia Pacific, 2017
- Leading IP Professional for Prosecution and Strategy - World Trademark Review, 2017
- CNPLaw LLP represented a party in defence of a claim by counterparty for payments under a sale and purchase agreement
- CNPLaw LLP acted for Ong Bee Dee (executor of the estate of Ong Tuan Seng, deceased): a case update
- CNPLaw LLP acted for a foreign company in setting aside arbitration award relating to a breach of sale of goods agreement
- CNPLaw LLP acted for a local travel company in opposition proceedings
- CNPLaw LLP’s Dispute Resolution team has contributed to the Singapore chapter in The Dispute Resolution Review for the second year
- Case Update on TBZ v TCA  SGHCF 18 – Maintenance and Asset Division in Ancillary Proceedings
- Updates on the Market Readiness Assistance (“MRA”) Grant 2020 (Enterprise Singapore)
- Similarity of trade marks – Decision by the Singapore High Court in Rovio Entertainment Ltd v Kimanis Food Industries Sdn Bhd