Please sign in to view members only features
Sohan joined Gross & Co. in 2005, became partner in 2008 and finance partner in 2014. A solicitor, practising immigration law for over 20 years, he provides advice on all aspects of UK immigration for individuals, families and business clients.
Who’s Who Legal 2018 says: Experienced immigration partner Sohan Sidhu is highly regarded as a “go-to” lawyer for sponsor licence applications and compliance, among other matters.
Also Listed as ‘Recommended’ by world-renowned publication Legal 500 UK 2018
He is credited “as being among the world’s leading Corporate Immigration lawyers” by the Who’s Who Legal 2018 and is recognised in the Legal 500 Top-Tier firm rankings having been quoted as a ‘safe pair of hands’.
Sohan advises businesses who are seeking to employ key staff including assisting with sponsor licence applications and advising employers on compliance-related matters.
He also advises on European applications and Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) and Tier 1 (Investor) visas, British citizenship applications and on British nationality issues. Represented clients before immigration tribunals and provided training and seminars on immigration, and is regularly consulted by military personnel and contractors.
A range of matters recently worked on;
- Representing a global company in its sponsor licence application and helping with the transfer of global staff to its UK division
- Obtaining a Tier 2 permit for a skilled chef sought by a leading London restaurant
- Successfully challenging the suspension of the sponsor licence of a leading racehorse trainer
- Advising a leading Hollywood actress on UK immigration matters
- Successfully challenging a six-figure civil penalty imposed upon a large business for allegedly employing illegal migrant workers
- Securing damages and legal costs against the Home Office for the wrongful arrest and detention of a client
- Advising a USA corporation working under contract with the US Government on the transfer of technical staff to work at a major US Air Force Base in the UK
- Securing Leave to Remain for a client on Human Rights Grounds who had had three previous applications refused by the Home Office
Sohan has a diverse client base including from the IT, pharmaceutical, education, healthcare, horse racing, engineering, fashion, military and professional services sectors.
Senior Partner: Graeme Kirk
Number of partners: 5
Other fee-earners: 4
Assistant solicitors: 2
Gross & Co. is a long established Bury St Edmunds practice with an international reputation for its Immigration Department, headed by Senior Partner Graeme Kirk.
The firm also has a small office in London W1. The firm acts for a wide range of clients including international banks, substantial British and foreign corporations, as well as for individuals and entrepreneurs. The firm also has a highly successful commercial, private client and property practice.
Gross & Co. is one of the founder members of Visalaw International, the first worldwide alliance of immigration lawyers, which aims to help individuals and companies navigate a myriad of complex immigration laws around the world.
Immigration: Graeme Kirk
Company/Commercial & Property: Dr Nicholas Amor
Wills Trusts & Probate: Gary De’Ath
Family: Elizabeth Hodder
83/84 Guildhall Street,
Bury St Edmunds,
Tel: (01284) 763333
Fax: (01284) 762207