Real Estate in Portugal
Rua Garrett 64,, 1200-204 Lisbon, Portugal, Lisbon
Sérvulo & Associados (SÉRVULO) is a Portuguese full-service law firm with 20 years of existence, which occupies a leading position in the Portuguese legal market. Recognized for the quality of its legal services in all relevant areas of law and strategic sectors, SÉRVULO has a highly competent multidisciplinary team of more than 100 lawyers, motivated by a single purpose: to transform academic research and accumulated knowledge in the design of sound legal solutions, thus creating added-value for its clients.
SÉRVULO is trusted by a vast number of the main private and public entities, both domestic and international, in the Portuguese-speaking legal markets and in all the most significant economic sectors.
SÉRVULO is not focused on lawyer headcount, but instead on the perfectionism of its team’s work. It houses a roster of lawyers that are fully capable of facing all the challenges that may arise at any time and in any field of the Law.
A full list of all of the firm’s lawyers can be found at WWW.SERVULO.COM.
The firm has been shaped by the links to academia that many of SÉRVULO’s partners and associates have, such that one of the firm’s main strengths is its ability to build solid bridges between the theoretical knowledge and active legal practice.
SÉRVULO is committed to providing legal services of high added-value in those practices that are most relevant to the strategically important areas of business. SÉRVULO rewards merit and encourages the continuous acquisition of knowledge and other professional skills, an attitude which in turn is reflected in the quality of the services rendered.
SÉRVULO is the only Portuguese member of three international networks of law firms (LEGALINK, CATHAY ASSOCIATES and ROXIN Alliance), which allows us to provide comprehensive legal advice to our clients at the global level. SÉRVULO also maintains close relationships with several leading law firms in the Autonomous Regions of Madeira and Azores and in key international jurisdictions, such as Brazil, Angola, Mozambique, Guinea-Bissau, Cape Verde, São Tomé and Príncipe, Macao and East Timor (SÉRVULO LATITUDE⦵)Show more +
At SÉRVULO since 2011, Sofia Thibaut Trocado is a partner in the Finance and Governance department, also active in Real Estate and Restructuring & Insolvency. She holds a Master’s in Law with specialisation in Legal Sciences from the Faculty of Law of the Nova University of Lisbon (2009), and graduate qualifications in Banking, Capital Markets and Insurance Law from the Faculty of Law of the University of Coimbra (2005) and in Securities Law from the Faculty of Law of the University of Lisbon (2003). She was an associate at the law firm «Cuatrecasas, Gonçalves Pereira», between 2005 and 2011, and a trainee lawyer at the same firm from 2002 to 2005. She joined the Bar Association in 2005.
“Sofia Thibaut Trocado stands out for her experience in real estate finance” (The Legal 500, Real Estate and Construction - 2020).
- Advising in operations of sale and purchase of real estate assets, either directly (asset deal), through corporate structures (share deal) or through real estate investment funds, including due diligences to the acquired assets, both from the perspective of the vendor and from the purchaser (in national and cross-border transactions), the structuring and negotiation of the financing operation and the respective security and guarantees.
- Assistance to international investors within the scope of investment projects carried out in Portugal.
- Legal due diligences to companies and groups of companies, in matters of financing, real estate, contracts and corporate.
- Assistance in cross-border operations of sale and purchase of portfolios of non-performing loans (secured and non-secured).
- Assistance in various bank debt restructuring operations, whether syndicated or non-syndicated, extrajudicially or in the context of special revitalization or insolvency proceedings, or with the intervention of investment funds.
- Legal advice on private equity, including the incorporation of venture capital companies and funds.
- Advice to investment fund management companies as well as to participants (national and foreign) in investment funds of this nature, including advising on capital increase or reduction operations, fund liquidation processes, etc.
- Assistance in financing operations (national and international), both from the perspective of financing entities and from the borrowers and / or guarantor companies, and in all aspects related to the granting of security and guarantees.
- Assistance to the incorporation of credit institutions and branches of foreign institutions.
- Counseling in material and institutional banking law and regulation and supervision of financial institutions, namely resulting from the transposition of MiFID II.
- Advice on a daily basis to various credit institutions in matters of consumer law.