KNAV is an Atlanta, US based firm offering a complete suite of services including Assurance, Advisory, Tax and Transaction Advisory Services. KNAV started operations in 1999 with offices in the US and has ever since expanded in Canada, India, Netherlands, UK, and Singapore. The firm’s 300+ employees serve a diverse range of clients from our offices across the globe.
KNAV has been catering to distinct requirements of multinational organizations as they expand and establish in new geographies. With its qualified team of pioneers in Assurance, Advisory, Tax and Transaction Advisory Services, KNAV distinguishes itself through its client-centric focus and partner-led solutions.
KNAV’s with its expertise and experience provides support at each step for organizations to meet the regulatory requirements and accounting frameworks enabling businesses to flourish. Being a robust organisation with over two decades of international experience serving various industries viz. Automotive, BFSI, Entertainment & Media, Manufacturing, Pharma & Healthcare, Retail, Technology, Telecommunication, etc., KNAV still retains its customized and partner-led solutions.
As one of the frontrunning member of Allinial Global, the No. 1 association of legally independent accounting and consulting firms, KNAV’s strength lies in the combination of technical expertise as well as rich collective experience of their executive teams. KNAV’s association with Allinial Global encourages it to procure cross fringe expertise from professionals across the globe.
KNAV is led by a group of self-driven and dynamic leaders who over the years have contributed to growth and cross border reputation. All the partners are thought leaders and cross qualified. Every partner leads a team of highly qualified Chartered Accountants, Certified Public Accountants, Chartered Financial Analysts and MBA’s.Show more +
Simone Alting is an Associate Partner, US Tax and Advisory Services at KNAV. She is based out of the Atlanta, USA office.
Simone has a geographically diverse client base to which she provides a global perspective on tax treaties, International tax planning and structuring, tax research, FIRPTA, tax compliance, U S and foreign trusts estate and gift tax planning and compliance OVDP IRS Streamlined Program, and Expatriations
• Simone has advised multinational corporations in international transactions using her multi jurisdictional expertise to bring tax efficacies to her clients She has provided tax advisory opinions on domestic and cross border transactions and overseen related U S tax compliance
• She has been involved in cross border estate and gift tax planning, consulted on residency issues and the application of tax treaties
• She advised German clients on the tax aspects of investing in U S real estate, including the FIRPTA rules and the rules on REITs (Real Estate Investment Trusts)
• Simone has assisted clients to get back into compliance with U S filing and reporting requirements through OVDP and Streamlined Filing Procedures.
Simone has been a speaker at conferences organized by the Georgia Society of Certified Public Accountants.
•“Practitioners Beware Usufruct May Provide Pitfalls In The US” Wolters Kluwer, Global Tax Weekly, Issue 260 November 2 2017
• Steuerrechtliche Rahmenbedingungen für Immobilien Investitionen in den USA“ Immobilien Zeitung, August 2001 (Teil 1 September
2001 (Teil 2).
•“U S Treaty Shopping Attitude Analysis of the U S Policy of Stringent Anti Treaty Shopping Provisions Under Consideration of Global Policy Aspects Vanderbilt Journal of Transnational Law, March 1996 Commented upon in International Law Trade Perspective, Vol 22 No 5 May 1996
• KNAV Atlanta
• Schwartz International Atlanta
• German American Cultural Foundation
• Alting & Associates, LLC independent contractor for Mirant Corporation & AGCOCorporation.
• PricewaterhouseCoopers, LLP
Education / Licensing
• Certified Public Accountant State of Georgia,
• Licensed German Attorney (admitted to the Bar of the State of Bavaria)
• Mandatory Clerkship at the Courts of the State of Bavaria
• LL.M. Degree (Master of Law) Saint Louis University School of Law, Saint Louis, Missouri
• Ludwig Maximilians Universität in Munich Germany (Law Degree)
• European & US multinational corporations, partnerships and individuals in multiple industries.Show more +
Business & Asset Valuations in Georgia
One Lakeside Commons, Suite 850, Atlanta, 30328