We were founded in 1994. Challenging corporate finance litigation and transactions – especially mergers and acquisitions, capital markets work and structured lending – have always and will always have a central place in our repertoire.
We have become one of Nigeria’s leading business law firms. We have always had an international outlook. We have a reputation for, and an outstanding record of, carrying out critical, innovative and complex work to the highest standards.
We have advised and represented our clients on several of the most significant recent developments in Nigerian business law practice, particularly in the fields of sales of businesses, infrastructure financings denominated in hard currencies and tax and securities law disputes.
We are organized as seven practice skill groups operating across eight sectors of the economy. The practice groups are: dispute resolution; corporate (including mergers and acquisitions and private equity); banking; capital markets; tax; intellectual property; and employment.
The eight sectors are: financial services, oil-and-gas; electric power; telecommunications, media and technology; agribusiness, food and healthcare; trade and industry; transport and logistics; and construction and real estate (“fast moving consumer goods” occur in several of these sectors). There are clients of many nationalities and every size in these sectors.
They range from foremost global multinational enterprises to a number of ambitious, home-grown fledglings, from government-controlled enterprises (we have advised on numerous privatizations) to companies controlled entirely by private sector actors.
We have and maintain numerous contacts in Nigerian business and government circles, and with law firms and lawyers’ organizations based both in and outside Nigeria. We are a member of Africa Legal Network (ALN), an association of leading independent law firms founded and based in Africa. We are also quite unusual in having the quality management certification of ISO 9001:2008.Show more +
- LL.M (University of Lagos); LL.B (Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma); graduated with Second Class Honours Upper Division;
- Member of the Nigerian Bar and the International Trademark Association.
- Group: Commercial; New Economy.
- A Partner.
Similoluwa Oyelude is a Partner in the firm. She holds a Bachelor of Laws and a Master of Laws degrees from Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma and University of Lagos respectively. Simi’s practice areas cover intellectual property and “NewEconomy” practice.
Simi advises leading finance institutions, multinational corporations, regulators, and corporates (domestic and foreign) and companies in food and pharmaceuticals, hospitality, commodities services on providing solutions to their legal and business needs. Most of her IP work is for looking after the registrations of rights, regulatory, contractual, and contentious work for clients. She is a full-time IP expert. She provides legal advisory services on IP infringement cases, cease and-desist letters and unfair competition cases.
Simi has advised on some innovative and expansive transactions in the Nigerian commercial and intellectual property space. She leads the team in managing the IP portfolios of:
- advising a multinational beverage producing company Nigeria on advisory on IP matters relating to the possible use of images on the getup of a bottle.
- Advising a New York based venture capital firm that invests in high margin, fast growing technology companies on the intellectual property portfolio of a London -based digital bank.
- Advised a UK operator on the appropriate intellectual property agenda for its gaming business in Southeast Asia, China, Hong Kong, Singapore, South Korea, Japan, Indonesia. North America, European Union, United Kingdom, Nigeria, South America, Middle east, Russia and Ukraine.
- Advised a multinational Construction company on two transfer-of technology agreements in Nigeria.
- Managing the IP portfolio of the foremost Pan African multilateral trade finance institution.
- Advised one of Nigeria’s leading manufacturers and distributors of consumer goods products with over 70 years of business experience and the owner of Nigeria’s largest and well-known food products brand on the licensing of the leading cleaning and home care product brand in Nigeria.
- Managed the trademarks portfolio of Nigeria’s leading telecommunications company in registering, monitoring and enforcing the trademarks rights.
- Managing the IP portfolio of a leading quick service restaurant company with over 70 outlets in Nigeria.
- Advised a leading foreign research, medical technology and experimental development company based in Singapore.
- Representing a leading Japanese Company with over USD5billion turnover on obtaining regulatory approvals for its sundry products.
International Trademarks Association (INTA) Pharmaceutical Trademarks Group (PTMG)
Similoluwa Oyelude can be reached at [email protected]; +234 8038271488.Show more +
Rising Star in Nigeria
6 Broad Street, Lagos