gunnercooke is one of the UK’s fastest growing law firms, providing a wide range of corporate and commercial legal services to businesses, banks and financial institutions. The firm was founded in 2010 to challenge, improve and evolve the way that legal services are delivered. We believe that the legal industry serves neither clients nor lawyers the way it should. Our founders set about doing things differently from day one, flattening out the traditional hierarchy and establishing a new model based upon flexibility, transparency and freedom.
All gunnercooke lawyers have a client-focused approach and at least 10,000 hours’ practising experience. They also operate on a fixed-fee basis, meaning work is scoped out from the outset and cost certainty is guaranteed. As a result, all clients have access to trusted advisors who have a breadth of experience and knowledge, enabling them to work on all matters from straightforward transactions to complicated cases that require complex solutions.
The firm has been recognised for 44 industry awards and currently employs over 330 legal professionals and management consultants across offices in London, Manchester, Leeds, Birmingham, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Berlin and New York.Show more +
What he's best at:
Shilpen has a dual practice focused on dispute resolution and employment law. His expertise as a litigator is in high-value commercial dispute resolution and contentious corporate matters, often involving an international element. He has conducted a number of reported cases and cross-border disputes. Shilpen also advises and represents employers, employees and professional clients in all aspects of employment law. He has particular expertise in acting for senior executives, self-employed professionals and company directors in connection with their entire employment needs, including claims in the Employment Tribunal and the High Court.
- Dispute Resolution
- Representing a high profile tax specialist in a sensitive and highly contentious “team move” to a direct competitor.
- Acting for a member and partner of a “top 10” accountancy and business advisory firm in relation to a contentious retirement scenario and claims of sex and disability discrimination.
- Constructive unfair dismissal and race discrimination claim by a surveyor subjected to extreme anti-Semitic abuse by an international chain of private hositals.
- Providing day-to-day employment law and practical troubleshooting advice to the senior management of high profile corporate clients, including the London arm of a leading multi-billion dollar US private equity house and one of the world’s foremost and best recognised designer fashion brands.
- A multimillion-pound breach of contract claim against an international newspaper for wrongful termination of a digital media joint venture.
- Defending a corporate investor in an action relating to the development of a European hotel project.
- A claim by a fund manager against an investment management fund for accrued bonus payments paid into an employee benefit trust.
- Acting for a corporate claimant in a multimillion dollar action against an ex-director in High Court proceedings in relation to breaches of fiduciary duty and other matters.
Previous Law Firms:
- DWFM Beckman - Partner, Dispute Resolution & Employment
- Judge Sykes Frixou - Partner, Head of Employment
- London School of Economics (1993 LLB)
- King’s College London (1995 LLM)
- The College of Law (1994)
- New York Bar Exam (2001)
Show more +
Employment Law (Individuals) and Employment Law (Corporate) in England
1 Cornhill London EC3V 3ND