IR Global Employment Lawyers discuss: 'Adaptability: The only true pandemic-proof contingency plan'
Published 10 Sep, 2020
Please sign in to view members only features
What he's best at:
Shilpen has a dual practice focused on dispute resolution and employment law. His expertise as a litigator is in high-value commercial dispute resolution and contentious corporate matters, often involving an international element. He has conducted a number of reported cases and cross-border disputes. Shilpen also advises and represents employers, employees and professional clients in all aspects of employment law. He has particular expertise in acting for senior executives, self-employed professionals and company directors in connection with their entire employment needs, including claims in the Employment Tribunal and the High Court.
- Dispute Resolution
- Representing a high profile tax specialist in a sensitive and highly contentious “team move” to a direct competitor.
- Acting for a member and partner of a “top 10” accountancy and business advisory firm in relation to a contentious retirement scenario and claims of sex and disability discrimination.
- Constructive unfair dismissal and race discrimination claim by a surveyor subjected to extreme anti-Semitic abuse by an international chain of private hositals.
- Providing day-to-day employment law and practical troubleshooting advice to the senior management of high profile corporate clients, including the London arm of a leading multi-billion dollar US private equity house and one of the world’s foremost and best recognised designer fashion brands.
- A multimillion-pound breach of contract claim against an international newspaper for wrongful termination of a digital media joint venture.
- Defending a corporate investor in an action relating to the development of a European hotel project.
- A claim by a fund manager against an investment management fund for accrued bonus payments paid into an employee benefit trust.
- Acting for a corporate claimant in a multimillion dollar action against an ex-director in High Court proceedings in relation to breaches of fiduciary duty and other matters.
Previous Law Firms:
- DWFM Beckman - Partner, Dispute Resolution & Employment
- Judge Sykes Frixou - Partner, Head of Employment
- London School of Economics (1993 LLB)
- King’s College London (1995 LLM)
- The College of Law (1994)
- New York Bar Exam (2001)
gunnercooke is a full service corporate and commercial law firm, that operates in a different way. Our firm was created to allow lawyers to play to their strengths and focus their priorities on what they are good at and what they enjoy. As a firm, we are ambitious and strive to create an environment and infrastructure that allows our lawyers the freedom to provide and maintain a first class service to our clients. We always seek to be innovative so long as it benefits our clients and our lawyers.
What we do not have is the overwhelming baggage of some law firms – we are not weighed down by time sheets or targets of any kind internally, as each lawyer’s relationship with gunnercooke is that of an independent partner working within the structure that our firm provides – and consequently our lawyers’ first and last priority is serving our clients’ best interests.
We comprise solely senior lawyers. At present, we are 100 partners, operating nationally and internationally via offices in London and Manchester. Every senior lawyer in our firm has a minimum 10,000 hours’ experience in practice.
95% of our senior lawyers have spent time in-house or in business. We are seasoned negotiators, clear communicators and true business advisors. We understand the impact of our legal advice in the wider commercial context and the importance of project management, strategy, timeliness and momentum.
We operate via fixed fees. We provide certainty and transparency over the cost of our services, agreeing scopes of work and providing fixed fee quotes that will never change. This enables us to work closely with our clients to manage their legal budget and to ensure that our objective is entirely aligned with efficiency and performance to our clients’ deadlines. It has a significant impact upon the way we work: we realise that it is in neither our own nor our client’s interest to prolong a matter, or overcomplicate our advice. We do not have the same, expensive cost base of traditional law firms which means our rates are highly competitive.
To find out more about how we work with our clients, please visit our website:
Published 10 Sep, 2020
Published 03 Aug, 2020
Published 29 Jun, 2020
Published 13 May, 2020
Published 13 May, 2020