Established in 1988, CNPLaw LLP (CNP) is a full-service law firm with a talent for cross-border business. With about 100 staff, including close to 50 lawyers, and a strong network of international contacts, the firm has the capability to deliver legal solutions in Singapore and beyond.
CNP is consistently recognised as being amongst the top law firms in Singapore by leading legal publications such as Legal 500 Asia Pacific, International Financial Law Review 1000, Chambers and Partners and Asialaw Profiles.
Our practice areas include banking & finance, capital markets, corporate & M&A, employment, funds, insolvency & restructuring, intellectual property & technology, litigation & arbitration, private clients, real estate, and regulatory & compliance.
We focus on business involving Asia, in particular Greater China, India, Indonesia, Indo-China, Japan, Malaysia, the Philippines, as well as Singapore. Our lawyers are qualified in a number of jurisdictions as well as in Singapore and advise on cross-border transactions under English law.
The firm is a member of international networks such as Interlaw, a network with law firms located in more than 150 cities worldwide. IR Global, a network of professional services firms across 155+ jurisdictions and SCG Legal, a network located in 82 countries. With strong contacts in all the foreign jurisdictions where our clients do business, CNP is well-placed to meet the ever-increasing need for practical and effective legal services in Singapore and for cross-border business in Asia and beyond.
We make knowing our clients’ businesses our business and pride ourselves in providing innovative, yet practical and valuable advice.
FIND OUT MORE ABOUT OUR PRACTICES
- DISPUTE RESOLUTION
- FINANCIAL SERVICES
- INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY, MEDIA AND TECHNOLOGY
- PRIVATE CLIENTS, FAMILY OFFICES AND WEALTH MANAGEMENT
OUR ANNOUNCEMENTS FOR 2020
- CNPLaw LLP’s M&A practice ranked in Asian Legal Business M&A Rankings in 2020
- Managing Partner, Ms Lisa Theng is recommended by Who’s Who Legal 2020 for Corporate Governance
- CNPLaw LLP announces its Chief Business Development Officer, Mr Benjamin Pwee
- Mr Jimmy Yap audited the course on Indonesian law held at the National University of Singapore
- CNPLaw has been appointed to be on the Singapore Medical Council’s panel of legal assessors for the second consecutive year
- CNPLaw’s Ms Tan Min-Li is recognised in the 12th edition of Best Lawyers in Singapore
- CNPLaw LLP recommended in Benchmark Litigation Asia Pacific 2020
- CNPLaw is once again “Recommended by The Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2020” as a leading law firm
- CNPLaw ushers in the new decade and grows to 18 partners with the addition of Ms Cinda Sim and Ms Wong Pei-Ling
- Corporate staff play a strategic role at CNPLaw
- CNPLaw participates in the Payment Regulatory Evaluation Program for Payment Firms to access legal services
- CNPLaw ranked in IFLR1000 2020
- CNPLaw ranked a “Recommended” firm in Asialaw Profiles 2020
CNPupdate ISSUE 6 IS OUT NOW!
Introducing CNPupdate, CNPLaw’s bi-monthly newsletter that highlights changes and developments within CNPLaw and legal articles of matters of topical interests. To read our latest issue, please click here.Show more +
Sharleen Eio is a Partner in the firm’s Dispute Resolution team and Professional Liability team.
Sharleen has experience in a wide spectrum of legal advisory and disputes work, with a focus on civil and corporate commercial litigation. She has advised and represented a number of international companies and high net-worth individuals in complex cross-border disputes. Her experience also includes regulatory and investigatory work and employment law.
A firm believer in giving back to the community, Sharleen has also worked with the Humanitarian Organisation for Migration Economics to advise and represent migrant workers on a pro bono basis. For more information about Sharleen, please click here.
- CNPLaw LLP advises Pison Investments Pte. Ltd. on its invitation to senior unsecured creditors of the Hyflux group to offer their debt to Pison in a reverse Dutch auction
- Compania De Navegacion Palomar, S.A. and others v Ernest Ferdinand Perez De La Sala and another matter  SGHC 14: Acted for a group of companies based in Singapore, the British Virgin Islands and Panama in one of the largest trust disputes in the Singapore Courts concerning the beneficial ownership of assets valued at between US$600 and US$800 million over a 49-day trial.
- Successfully acted as lead counsel in a landmark case before the High Court in Liu Huaixi v Haniffa Pte Ltd  SGHC 270, which for the first time addressed the legal status of the In-Principle Letter submitted by employers to the Ministry of Manpower. This case was a big victory for migrant workers in Singapore and was reported by the national media and several non-governmental organisations assisting migrant workers.
- AYW v AYX  1 SLR 1183: Acted for a prominent Singaporean school in successfully obtaining a striking out of an entire claim against the school. This case was widely reported in the national media
Show more +
Commercial Litigation in Singapore
600 North Bridge Road #13-01, Parkview Square, 188778