Condon Advisory Group is headquartered in Western Sydney, and has been servicing clients all over Australia, as well as overseas, for over 30 years. We are a team of professionals and specialists that provides strategic financial, operational and management advice to businesses during times of growth, stabilisation and distress. Members of our Firm have held positions at the highest levels in the industry, government and the community. Whatever situation a business is currently in, we’ll always deliver the highest quality service, assistance and advice. Our areas of expertise include:
- Business & Strategic Planning
- Pre-Insolvency Advice
- Debt Recovery
- Alternative Finance
- Voluntary Administration
- Forensic Accounting
- Recovery & Turnaround
- Financial Distress
- Corporate Restructuring
- Dispute Resolution
Condon Advisory Group has over 140 years of combined experience in helping businesses overcome any challenge they might be facing. We also run educational, social and networking functions/events on a regular basis that cater to a very broad market.Show more +
With a career spanning more than 40 years, including Firms such as Hungerford’s, Arthur Andersen, and Jones Condon. Schon is the Managing Principal of Condon Advisory Group, a national firm of Forensic, Insolvency and Turnaround Practitioners.
He holds a Bachelor of Business degree from the University of Technology Sydney, a Graduate Diploma in Management from the University of Canberra and is a Graduate of the Australian Command and Staff College, Canberra.
Schon’s expertise covers a wide range of accounting, management and business-related matters including litigation, forensic accounting, taxation, audit, crisis management, turnaround, asset management, valuations, special investigations and executorships. He has extensive experience in all aspects of implementation and control of turnaround plans and the general operation of businesses and trusts. Schon has been substantially involved in the protection and preservation of significant corporate and personal assets, including the recovery of numerous businesses from the brink of collapse. He has been formally appointed to numerous companies to control and manage the financial distress that they had encountered. Schon has also acted as adviser, witness, counsellor, mentor, expert witness, information processor and analyser on various legal disputes in the State and Federal Court Systems. In this role, he has acted for both plaintiffs and defendants.
Schon is also a Registered Company Auditor, Registered Tax Agent, Licensed Real Estate Agent, Registered Trustee in Bankruptcy appointed by the Federal Court of Australia, and an Official Liquidator appointed by the Supreme Court of NSW.
Schon has experience working in a number of different industries including (but not limited to) Individual, Manufacturing, Hospitality, Retail, Building and Construction, Real Estate, Finance, Medical, Marketing, Import/Export, Transport, Association, Trusts,
Listed below are Schon’s current senior positions with various organisations:
• Parramatta Chamber of Commerce (Inc.) Ltd – Former President
• Royal Australian Artillery Historical Company – Company Secretary, Chairman, Governance Committee Member and Finance Committee
• River City Voices Ltd – Director
• The Salvation Army – Chairman, Red Shield Doorknock Appeal Committee
• The Order of St John of Jerusalem, Knights Hospitaller – Prior
• Australian Army Reserve – Lieutenant Colonel
Listed below are Schon’s current professional memberships:
• Foundation Fellow - Australian Institute of Company Directors (AICD)
• Fellow - Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand (CA ANZ), CPA Australia, Institute of Public Accountants (IPA), National Tax Accountants, Tax Institute of Australia
• Associate Member - Association of Independent Insolvency Practitioners (AIIP), Association of Certified Fraud Examiners (ACFE), Turnaround Management Australia (TMA). Financial Services Institute of Australia (FINSIA)
Turnaround Professionals in Australia
Level 6, 87 Marsden St, Parramatta, NSW 2150