Real Estate and Corporate Law and Sports Law in Australia
Level 9, 263 Clarence Street Sydney NSW 2000, Australia, Sydney
Our family name is the name on the door and that means everything to us.
Our firm opened in 1990 and we now represent businesses ranging from Australian entrepreneurs to established industry leaders with turnover in excess of EUR 1 billion per year. We understand what it is like to build, own and run your own business and we take great pride in working with clients who trust us with what is often their life’s work.
We are a business minded law firm. We understand the full range of issues that both individuals and businesses face. Our principal has owned and run his own successful multinational advertising business, and our staff hold qualifications in business, finance and accounting. We draw upon our full range of experience gained over the years in representing our commercial clients.
Our knowledge of the different facets of business allows us to apply a holistic approach ensuring that our legal support is fully integrated to achieve our client’s desired outcome.
We represent clients all around the world including off shore companies investing into Australia and Australian based multinationals with interests in Asia, Europe, Africa and the Americas. We have a depth of experience in dealing with the difficulties clients face in cross border transactions including language and cultural barriers as well as the specific legal complexities associated with foreign jurisdictions.
With over 24 years of international experience, we are one of the select few Sydney firms that specialise in cost effective cross border work.
Our family based approach and business knowledge, combined with our international capability makes us “Koffels”.
- Corporate Law
- Building & Construction Law
- Commercial Law
- Compensation Law
- Compensation Law
- Criminal Law
- Debt Collections
- Employment Law
- Family Law
- Finance & Credit
- Horse Law / Equine Law
- Intellectual Property Law
- International Business Transactions
- Insolvency Law
- Litigation & Dispute Resolutions
- Medical Law
- Probate, Succession, Wills and Estate Planning
- Real Property & Conveyancing
- Sports Law including Motor Sports
- Strata & Community Title Law
Principal, Legal Practitioner Director, and founder of Koffels, firm supervisor and senior commercial practictioner.
“The opportunity to understand our clients’ circumstances so that our advice is practical, insightful and tactically correct is paramount."
“Having spent a significant part of my working life running a large business, and now maintaining a variety of independent board positions, I know the importance of providing relevant, business orientated, success driven, advice.”
“The continuation of my work on a global scale, moving from business in the film and advertising industries to private practice, has enabled my experience to be channelled into assisting our clients.”
Some of Ross’s work:
- Provide overall legal and corporate advice to companies in diverse fields including: Cloud Funding, IT, Aviation, Medical, as well as Directorship, and Company Secretarial responsibilities
- Involvement in Foreign Company set ups and investment in Australia, and Australian companies setting up and investing overseas including; advice as to cross border tax, thin capitalisation rules, transfer pricing, intellectual property and parallel importing
- Supervision of litigation matters in the firm, providing tactical advice to clients which have included: prosecution of a claim on behalf of a US based client against prominent franchisor; successful claim against international oil company in dispute over remediation of land; claim against national construction company on behalf of large private developer; establishment of precedent in multi- million dollar claim over defective building works claim relating to defective building works in large strata plan resulting in full payment of restoration works
- International/cross border litigation including:
- Claim as to personal injury relating to employment in Thailand, Switzerland, France and the Caribbean, (including Maritime Law);
- Conducting litigation process in California on behalf of client in property dispute and de-facto claim;
- Defence of criminal charges in Hungary on behalf of Australian team member in world competition in sporting accident
- Acting in complex matter of property involving multi jurisdictional issues as to ownership
- Advice in relation to Administration, Receivership and Liquidation of companies including compulsory examination under the Corporations Act and the validity of the actions of the insolvency practitioners in dealing with assets