Vaas Chartered Accountants was incorporated in 2003 in Curaçao. Its team of 10 experienced and engaged professionals and three partners specialise in providing high quality international tax planning and audit services to the banking, insurance, financial services, pharmaceutical, telecoms and, in particular, the internet gaming industries.
The firm joined Nexia International in March 2016 to add a global view to its local engaged focus. The firm’s main market is the Island of Curaçao, located in the Caribbean Sea next to Aruba and close to the border of Venezuela. In addition, it services clients from the Islands of Aruba, Bonaire and Saint Martin, also known as the ‘Dutch Caribbean’. Vaas Chartered Accountants also has an associated office located in Suriname.
The firm services a broad range of clients in the public and private sector, ranging from foundations financed by government grants, banks, insurance companies, trust and financial offshore institutions and subsidiaries of international listed companies.
VAAS Chartered Accountants Inc. is considered to be a small to medium sized full service firm in the Curaçao market, where all ‘big 10 firms’ are present. The firm’s growth potential is high and within five years it has strategic ambitions to reach its local Nexia International ranking.
- Accounting and payroll
- Audit and assurance services
- International tax planning
- Business advisory services
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Corporate finance
- Due diligence reviews.
- Public auditing
- International tax planning
- Internet gaming industry
- Banking, insurance & financial services
Since May 2008 Rolf Verdaasdonk is employed as Financial Consultant and Auditor by VAAS Certified Auditors Inc. in Willemstad. Main client is an international company operating in the internet gaming industry. Furthermore the company has audit clients in the internet gaming industry which are listed in international stock markets. In 2014 we have performed an assignment to train the accounting staff of an internet gaming company in Costa Rica.
2008 – Currently
Financial consultant and Auditor at VAAS Inc.
2007 – 2008
Finance manager at MIO Group
2002 – 2006
Financial manager at Teva Pharmaceuticals Curaçao Inc.
2001 - 2002
Operations manager at DVB NedshipBank America NV
1998 - 2001
Senior consultant – auditor at Arthur Andersen
1997 – 1998
Auditor – consultant at Deloitte & Touche (VB Accountants
1994 – 1997
Controller at the Dutch Embassy in Suriname
1988 – 1993
Experienced assistant auditor at the audit department
of the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs
1987 – 1988
Assistant auditor at the audit department of the Dutch
Ministry of Defense
• Responsible chief financial manager of Ecom Enterprise N.V., providing internet gaming services (through casino- and poker sites), world wide
• Responsible finance manager of a group of companies in the Netherlands Antilles providing telecom and internet services with experience in setting up and implementing a group reporting and management information system.
• Responsible finance manager of an offshore global generic pharmaceutical company with experience in setting up an in-house accounting system based on Exact Global 2000 for a trade company and two finance companies.
• Participation in the SOX404 certification process of Teva Pharmaceuticals, listed at the stockexchange in the USA.
• Responsible officer for the management and supervision of daily (administrative) business of an offshore bank
• Responsible for the internal and external (Central Bank) reporting of an offshore bank
• Interim project officer of the development program for improvement of government governance and financial control of the Netherlands Antilles
• Training in activity based costing and management for a government owned enterprise in waste management
• Introduction of output budgeting for the Secretary of Finance of the Government of the Netherlands Antilles
• Design of a training in Financial Management for the Isle of Sint Maarten
• Trainer of a regional workshop in Financial Control for the Dutch Embassies in the Caribbean region
• Implementation of the Budget Cycle Process (policy planning – financial planning – management information systems) for the Dutch Embassy in Suriname
• Engagement representative for the public audit of the Dutch development aid to Suriname
• Responsible officer at the Dutch Embassy in Suriname for the improvement of financial management and control in particular regarding the Dutch development aid to Suriname
• Audit of projects and programs of Dutch development aid at the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs as well as at project sites in developing countries in particular in Western Africa
• Participation in the process towards an unqualified audit opinion for the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs including the Dutch Ministry of Development Cooperation
• Report on the administrative organization and systems of internal control of the personnel department of the Dutch Ministry of Development Cooperation
• Trainer audit software IDEA
• As an assistant auditor at the audit department of the Dutch Ministry of Defense, I was employed at the Section for Special Investigations which included assignments at private enterprises concerning amongst others:
- review of budgets and prices
- investigations of cost-prices
- cost calculations
- investigations of wage- and price clauses
- review of contracts
• Member of the Dutch Institute of Certified Auditors (NBA)
• Member firm of Nexia International, Big 9 global firm of accountants and advisors
Accounting Services in Curacao
Blue Bay Resort BK-10, Willemstad