Franchise and Distribution Law in Pennsylvania
610 Smithfield Street, Suite 300, Pittsburgh, PA 15222
Flaherty & O’Hara, P.C. is one of the largest liquor licensing practices in the country, maintaining an unmatched understanding of beverage alcohol laws. We represent hundreds of establishments and institutions on liquor licensing and beverage alcohol matters, and we have assisted in some of the largest mergers, public offerings and other multi-unit transactions in the history of the restaurant and hotel industries.
The beverage alcohol industry is complex and highly regulated. At Flaherty & O’Hara, P.C., in order to stay ahead of the curve, we have developed close working relationships with members and officials in local, state and national regulatory agencies, professional and trade associations, lobbying and special interest groups. We have drafted legislation and have been leaders in setting the standard for practice in the industry we serve.
With well over 100 years of combined experience, our support staff can augment in-house resources for maximum efficiency. Our staff can coordinate and process renewals, transfers and regulatory reporting requirements for individual as well as multi-unit operators. Prompt, professional, courteous and cost-effective service is the hallmark of our support staff.
- Flaherty & O’Hara, P.C. (“F&O”) was established in 2001 and specializes in alcohol beverage law.
- We have the most experience and offer the most comprehensive service in our field. Since its founding, our firm has grown from four to 31 employees.
- We represent many of the largest retail licensees in the country, offering one point of contact for renewals, licensing, and alcohol-related needs.
- F&O is the largest full service renewal provider in the country — handling thousands of liquor and non-liquor renewals annually.
- Our cloud-based renewal software is custom designed based on our years of experience.
RJ regularly advises clients on complex national licensing issues arising from mergers, acquisitions and corporate restructuring. He also provides general licensing counsel, oversees litigation, citations and hearings, and assists clients in complying with tied house and trade practice laws.
His practice also involves advising clients on the legality of national beverage alcohol promotions and marketing and conducting seminars for industry members regarding liquor liability and related restaurant and beverage alcohol management issues.
RJ is Co-Chair of the ABA Alcohol Beverage Subcommittee and a founding member of the Alliance of Alcohol Industry Attorneys & Consultants, a group of professionals whose practices are focused in the alcohol beverage industry.
- Fogo de Chao in its acquisition by Rhone Capital
- KKR & Co. in its strategic investment in Lemonade Restaurant Group
- Foreign pension investment manager in its bid for European brewery assets to be sold by Anheuser-Busch InBev NV
- Golden Gate Capital in its restructuring of Red Lobster restaurants
University of Dayton, JD
- cum laude
- Articles Editor, Law Review
University of Dayton, BAShow more +