Maritime Law and Trade & Customs Law in Singapore
1 Coleman Street #08-02, The Adelphi, Singapore
PDLegal LLC is a firm offering a comprehensive range of legal services to its clients. This ranges from basic legal advice to complex litigation and corporate transactions. Whatever the nature of the brief, the objective of the firm is to deliver personalised and approachable partner-level service in an efficient and cost-effective manner.
As an independent and conflict-free law firm, we are often briefed by foreign law firms and other local law firms to act as Singapore counsel.
The leanness of the firm belies its in-depth expertise, sophistication and agility in providing exceptional legal services comparable to its larger contemporaries.
At this firm, we believe that serving our community is part of our vocation and privilege as lawyers. All our lawyers are passionately engaged in providing pro bono legal services and representation to the less fortunate.Show more +
Due to Peter’s extensive expertise in shipping and maritime matters, he regularly advises large shipping companies on dispute resolution (including charterparty and bill of lading disputes, shipbuilding/repair, collisions, arrest and enforcement of maritime claims), marine insurance and international trade. For non-contentious matters, clients look to Peter for drafting in relation to joint ventures, mergers and acquisitions, construction, repair, conversion, sale & purchase and chartering/operations/management of ships and onshore/offshore drilling platforms, ship finance and registration.
With close to 20 years of experience, litigious high net worth individuals, and big listed and private companies engage Peter’s services to handle their complex civil litigation and arbitration matters.
Peter is a highly commended lawyer and has been consistently ranked as a leading lawyer by the Asia Pacific Legal 500. He was most recently featured in the Asia Pacific Legal 500 2017 for his outstanding work in handling complex shipping litigation and advisory matters. Prior to founding Peter Doraisamy LLC, Peter established the Dispute Resolution practice group in Duane Morris & Selvam LLP when he joined the firm in 2011. He was Head of the Dispute Resolution Practice Group and the Shipping and International Trade Practice Group.
Peter has been specially appointed as a Senior Legal Consultant for HFI Consulting International Limited. He is also a Director of the RT ASEAN Network and sits on the Advisory Board of the National University of Singapore’s Centre of Maritime Law Inaugural Committee.
Peter read Law at the University of Nottingham where he graduated with Honours. Owing to his passion for shipping and maritime law, Peter received an LL.M. (Maritime Law) from the National University of Singapore. Peter was admitted to the Middle Temple as a Barrister-at-Law in 1997 and became an Advocate and Solicitor of the Supreme Court of Singapore in 1999.
Appointments / Committees
- Committee Member, Maritime Law Association of Singapore
- Committee Member, Offshore Services Committee, Singapore Shipping Association
- Member, Advisory Board, National University of Singapore Centre for Maritime Law
- Committee Member, Singapore Chamber of Maritime Arbitration (SCMA)
- Committee Member, Law Society of Singapore Probate and International relations sub-committees
- Legal Counsel to the Mexican Embassy of Singapore and Bulgarian Embassy of Singapore
- Senior Legal Consultant, HFI Consulting International Limited
- Director, RT ASEAN Network
Memberships In Professional Bodies
- Member, Law Society of Singapore
- Member, Singapore Academy of Law
- Member, Catholic Lawyer’s Guild of Singapore
- Member, The Catholic Business Network Singapore
- Member, Singapore Maritime Law Association
- Mandarin (Second Language)