Commercial Litigation in Dominican Republic
230 Bolivar Ave., Las Mariposas Tower, 2nd and 6th Floor, La Julia, Santo Domingo, D. N.,10109, Santo Domingo
Currently, González Tapia Law Firm is led by Mr. Pablo González Tapia, who, together with a team of professionals of high academic level and extensive experience in various areas of law and business both nationally and internationally, offers consulting to corporate and individual customers attending to those matters that result from the daily execution of business and mainly in the following areas of law:
- Business and investment structuring and planning.
- Business arrangements, as mergers, acquisitions and divisions.
- Civil, commercial, administrative and tax litigation.
- Labor matters, such as litigations, negotiations and general advice.
- Energy protocols including: import and export of gas, generation of conventional and renewable electrical resources, concessions and PPAs negotiation.
Our team focuses on efficiency and early identification of our clients' needs, as well as on risk reduction and mitigation, resulting in the perfect balance between the exercise of law and commercial practice.Show more +
With over 23 years of experience in the practice of Litigation and Corporate and Business Law, Mr. González Tapia has represented several clients in major court and arbitration cases as well as in international negotiations, of which we can mention:
- Joint responsible attorney for the negotiation team in the privatization of five international airports in the Dominican Republic. Lead attorney in the multimillionaire litigation of a Swiss corporation, well-known in the Dominican Republic and other foreign jurisdictions as Spain, Panama and the United States.
- Lead attorney in the acquisition of multiple banks.
- Lead attorney in a technical arbitration for a major electricity generation company, winning the case on our client’s behalf.
- In addition to his legal advisory functions, Mr. González serves as Secretaryon the Board of Directors of Antillean Gas, a company that is currently developing an international LNG pipeline in San Pedro de Macorís.
Mr. González Tapia began his practice at the firm Messina & Messina (currently Biaggi & Messina), as Associate Attorney. Later in his career he became Partner of the firm.
In 2009, he decided, along with a team of prepared and recognized professionals, to fund the firm González & Coiscou. After acquiring vast practical experience in Management and Administration, in 2014 he decided to embark on his next business undertaking, the opening of his own law firm: Gonzalez Tapia Abogados.
Mr. González graduated Magna Cum Laude from the Universidad Pedro Henríquez Ureña, (UNPHU), in 1991. He has also conducted studies in Corporate and Business Law at the Pontificia Universidad Católica Madre y Maestra. Likewise, he has participated in numerous courses and workshops in his area of expertise.
Languages: Spanish English French (basic knowledge)Show more +