Banking & Finance and Commercial Law in Bulgaria
2 Nikolay Pavlovich Street, Sofia, Sofia 1142 Bulgaria
We, the professionals at Nina Boteva Law Office, aim to provide productive and beneficial solutions to all clients` needs, thanks to our high professional standards and individual approach to each client. Our client relationships are proven with time, which we consider the most accurate appraisal for the quality of our work and the level of our legal expertise. We find a precise solution to each and every challenge our clients face, applying the most suitable approach to further our clients’ business interests.
Nina Boteva Law Office is a natural step forward in the consistent professional legal careеr development of Nina Boteva, LLM. In her capacity as a former managing partner of Boteva & Kantutis Law Office for 25 years and through the present moment, Nina Boteva continues to further develop her team and practice. Being a professional with a well-established practice and vast experience dating back to the early 90s and the very first endeavours towards an open market economy in Bulgaria, Nina Boteva manages to find the most suitable solutions to the current and future business interests of her clients.
Over the 25 years of her practice Nina Boteva has always relied on a team of professionals that she would first educate and then foster in career development. Continuation and transfer of knowledge are the key essentials for building-up a team. The team’s size is adapted to the needs of the local legal services market in order to assure smooth continuation of the work, avoid abrupt changes within the team and best fit the client`s requirements in terms of goals and willingness to spend resources. The team size ensures effective and qualitative work performed by the very same team presented to the clients with optimization of clients’ resources in mind and in pursuance of their ultimate business goals. Our irrevocable commitment is to always proffer the highest quality of legal services, establishing them as standards in our professional field.
We, the lawyers at Nina Boteva Law Office continuously and systematically align our knowledge and skills with current developments in the law so that we can meet and satisfy our clients` needs.
Our Main Features
We pursue an open and proactive approach for our clients in order to study current challenges and present multidisciplinary decisions. We believe dialogue and teamwork are essential for showing the full extent of the professional skills, knowledge and the creativity of our team members.
Sometimes the protection of our clients’ rights and significant interests requires a non-standard approach that our lawyers are willing to provide.
Scope of Activity
Nina Boteva Law Office provides a full range of legal services necessary for conducting business in Bulgaria smoothly. Nina Boteva and her team have broad experience with both international and local businesses.
Our Professional Network
Nina Boteva Law Office cooperates with a great number of professionals in Bulgaria, including public notaries, receivers, valuators, enforcement agents and licensed translation agencies. We work in cooperation with well-reputed foreign law firms and local practices. Nina Boteva Law Office has association agreements with the leading Hungarian law firm Nadas Law Office, as well as with Comad S.C. Law Firm, Febo 29, Mexico D.F., Mexico and Balkan Consulting Group, with a seat in Washington D.C., USA.
The law office is a member of the AEA International Lawyers Network, International Law Referral Network and International Advisory Experts.
The law office receives constant recognition for its experience and quality of work in various international rankings for law firms. The members of our team have contributed to a number of prestigious professional legal magazines.
English, Bulgarian, French, Italian, German, Swedish, Russian, Polish.Show more +
Nina Boteva is the managing lawyer of Nina Boteva Law Office and has been a member of the Sofia Bar Association since 1991. Nina Boteva was a founding and managing partner of Boteva & Kantutis Law firm for 25 years. In 1994 she was assigned to manage the legal practice of PricewaterhouseCoopers Bulgaria as she laid the foundations of the legal presence of the Big Four Law firm in the post-socialist environment. She has advised on privatisations, mergers and acquisitions, international joint ventures, cross-border corporate transactions and project developments. Nina Boteva has also extensive experience in advising clients in the field of compliance when structuring and introducing compliance programs. She has advised banks and securities companies about regulatory law. Her experience also comprises aircraft lease negotiations and financing documents, drafting primary and ancillary documents.
Nina Boteva is a Sofia University Law graduate (1990) with a specialisation in Commercial Law from Queen Mary and Westfield College at the London University (1994). She was also competitively selected for study at Prague University (1988) and for law practice at Sinclair Roche & Temperley in the City of London (1993).
Nina Boteva has broad international law exposure thanks to numerous participations in different courses such as: a seminar at the Salzburg American Foundation (session Transnational Law and Legal Institutions) (1994), a course in public-private partnerships at the International Development Law Institute (Rome) (1995), and an Honorary Fellowship of the Association of Fellows and Legal Scholars of the Centre for International Legal Studies in Salzburg (1995).
Nina Boteva is a Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist (CAMS) and a former member of the Advisory Board of the Association of Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialists (USA), a member of Interadvokat Law Association, a former Human Rights Officer at Interadvokat, a former Eastern Europe Officer at the European Young Bar Association Member of the Board of Trustees of Lazarski University, Warsaw, Poland, and a former member of the Board of Counsellors for the US LLM program at the Suffolk University Law School in Boston, USA
- Acting as the team leader for M&A transaction of Bank Austria and Creditanstalt, affecting their entities in Bulgaria and subsequently for the M & A transaction of Hypovereinsbank and Bank Austria, affecting their subsidiaries incorporated under the Bulgarian jurisdiction.
- Acting as a team leader for post-privatization financing deals for Commercial Bank of Greece – its subsidiary Commercial Capital in Bulgaria for Europa Capital Management Fund (EBRD) – for post-privatization financing of Medica, a major pharmaceutical company in Bulgaria.
- Acting as a team leader for due diligence of a local entity on behalf of General Electric International Inc.
- Acting as a team leader for due diligence of Kapniki Mihailidis SA – a Greek company with a major stake in the Greek tobacco market.
- Legal advice and assistance for obtaining a bank licence for ING Bank-Sofia and Macedonia Thrace Bank.
- Legal advice and assistance of financing projects for ING Bank-Sofia under Bulgarian jurisdiction.
- Acting as a team leader of due diligence of CB Union Bank AD, acting on behalf of SanpaoloImi Bank (Italy) in a tender for acquisition of a majority stake in the Bulgarian bank for the amount of BGN 51,149,100.
- Legal advice and assistance on licencing, operating lease and sub-lease agreements and wet lease charter agreements on behalf of AirGo Airlines Bulgaria EAD.
- Legal advice and assistance for corporate issues, financial projects, securitization agreements of Johnson & Johnson, JP Morgan.
- Negotiating and advising on clinical trial research agreements on behalf of INC Research Branches Limited – Sofia.
- Advising on regulatory and tax implications of Employee Incentive Plans for Shell PLC, Rio Tinto, Teva PLC, William Hill International.
- As a member of European Crowdfunding network advising on market conditions and legal framework on crowdfunding platforms under the Bulgarian jurisdiction and contributing to the drafting of the European Directive on crowdfunding.
Nina Boteva has been a speaker at a number of legal forums, including The First World Women Lawyers Conference in London in 2001, The Anti-Money Laundering Measures and Anti-Corruption Conferences in Miami (2005) and Las Vegas (2006) and others.
She was author of publications on securitization of assets in cross-border business law transactions, competition, public procurement law, articles on commercial legal topics in international legal and financial editions. (Salomon Smith Barney Guide to World Equity Markets, Eurolawyer, European Newsletter, International Asset Securitization and Other Financing Tools, Public Procurement in Bulgaria – A World Guide to Best Practice in International Public Procurement, 2009, etc.)
She was co-author of an article on the existing regulations of the crowdfunding legislation in Bulgaria to the European Crowdfunding Network AISBL (ECN) – an international professional non-profit organisation in Belgium, 2013.
She was co-author of an article on the existing regulations of the Crowdfunding legislation in Bulgaria with regard to the Renewable energy sources Projects for the European Crowdfunding Network AISBL (ECN) – an international professional not-profit organization in Belgium, 2015.
Bulgarian, English, Russian, German, French, Swedish.