Commercial Litigation in Hong Kong
3rd Floor, Dina House, Ruttonjee Centre,, 11 Duddell Street, Central,, Hong Kong
Gall is a leading independent Hong Kong law firm focusing primarily on dispute resolution. We specialise in handling highly complex disputes, many of which involve multi-jurisdictional litigation.
Our partners all come from international firms and have practiced in Hong Kong or overseas for many years. They have a wealth of experience in a wide variety of litigation, mediation and arbitration. We use a partner led, team-based approach to complex litigation, drawing upon the legal and linguistic skills of solicitors with different areas of expertise. We ensure that we maintain an “around-the-clock” service to our clients.
As an independent firm, we are regularly referred work by law firms in other countries. We have established strong working relationships with major firms in the world’s leading jurisdictions and work with a large network of dispute resolution providers around the world. We are now a key point of reference for law firms and companies that would otherwise have no representation in Hong Kong. Gall is also trusted by the Magic Circle and City firms to act for their clients where they are unable to act owing to conflicts of interest.
Our instructions come from all over the world; our clients include foreign governments, banks and other financial institutions, hedge funds, listed companies, law and accounting firms, local institutions, land and property owners and high net-worth individuals. We work closely with our clients to help them to understand Hong Kong’s legal and business culture, and remain vigilant in finding solutions that will most readily match a client’s business objectives.
- Dispute Resolution Boutique Law Firm of the Year - Asian Legal Business Hong Kong Law Awards 2017.
- National Law Firm of the Year, Hong Kong - AsiaLaw Asia-Pacific Dispute Resolution Awards 2017. Published by Euromoney, these awards celebrate leading dispute resolution practitioners from across the region.
- Ranked “Outstanding” in both the Dispute Resolution & Litigation category and in Labour & Employment of the AsiaLaw Profiles 2018, “Highly Recommended” in the Restructuring and Insolvency category. Nick Gall and Chris Wong were named as Market Leading Lawyers and Andrea Randall was named a Leading Lawyer.
- Named by Asian Legal Business in the inaugural “ALB Best Boutiques” list
- Chambers Asia Pacific 2018, Gall is ranked in the Dispute Resolution and Family/Matrimonial practice areas. Partners Nick Gall (Dispute Resolution) and Caroline McNally (Family/Matrimonial) are named as Leading Individuals in their respective practice areas.
- Recommended in the Legal 500 Asia Pacific Guide 2018. The firm was ranked for dispute resolution, employment and for restructuring and insolvency in Hong Kong. Senior Partner Nick Gall was again recognized as a Leading Individual in Hong Kong dispute resolution.
SENIOR PARTNER, HEAD OF LITIGATION
Nick is Senior Partner and Head of Litigation at Gall. He has acted for publicly listed companies, senior employees, the Hong Kong Government, the US Government, major international banks and corporations throughout the world.
Nick has extensive experience in dealing with multi-jurisdictional fraud and international asset tracing litigation. His work often requires making cross-border applications, freezing/gagging applications, urgent injunctive relief, the examination of senior executives/bank officers and recovery and enforcement proceedings generally. He also has extensive experience in forcing banks and financial institutions to provide information to assist in tracing and recovery of funds and fending off vulture funds in respect of international sovereign debt recoveries.
Nick is also regularly instructed to act in respect of investigations and charges arising out of the Independent Commission Against Corruption and other regulatory bodies in Hong Kong.
Nick is consistently ranked as a top tier lawyer in the major legal guides. He has been recognized as a Leading Individual in the dispute resolution category in both Legal 500 Asia Pacific and Chambers Asia Pacific guides since 2011. He is also consistently ranked in Asialaw Leading Lawyer, the ALB Hong Kong Law Awards and Who’s Who Legal Asset Recovery.
Nick also serves on the General Committee of the Hong Kong Club.
Gall is “extremely well regarded in the litigation field”, with Nick Gall at the helm.
Tier 1 Leading Lawyer, Dispute Resolution - Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2017
Nick Gall is well-respected by his peers. “a very good communicator”, “incisive, pragmatic and tenacious"
Market Leading Lawyer, Dispute Resolution – Asialaw Profiles 2017
Nick Gall is acknowledged as a mainstay in the market by peers, and is highly experienced at representing governments, banks, listed companies and senior employees in complex local and international litigation. »
Leading Individual, Dispute resolution - Chambers Asia Pacific 2016
Nick Gall is described by one peer as "effective - you know clients will be well looked after." In particular, he is known for handling asset-tracing and fraud cases.
Leading Individual – Chambers Global 2016
Founder and named partner Nick Gall is head of litigation. He has a wealth of experience in fraud and international asset tracing litigation. Described by one of his clients as “balanced, but an assertive negotiator”
Market Leading Lawyer - Asialaw Leading Lawyers 2016Show more +