Corporate Law in Vietnam
Units 4.41 and 4.53, the Prince Residence, 19-21 Nguyen Van Troi street, ward 12, Phu Nhuan district, Ho Chi Minh City
Founded in 2015, TND Legal is a commercial law firm based in Ho Chi Minh city. Driven by the backbone philosophy of clear pricing and defined outcome.
With more than 15 lawyers and staffs, TND Legal is a young law firm but our experience in advising and assisting clients in international climate is unquestionable. Our team is perfectly mixed between the experienced lawyers and the younger ones with a combination of expertise in not only legal field but also financial one. We take pride in our members who not only are equipped with academic and ethical qualifications but also possess the business savvy.
TND Legal offers its clients a wide array of legal services, including:
- Inward investment / Foreign investment
- Corporate & Commercial
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Banking & Finance
- Property & Construction
- Labor & Employment
- International Trade
- Dispute Resolution
- Legal translation
TND Legal renders legal solutions at international standards and more importantly, directly addressing the rising need of local, regional and international clients.
At TND Legal, we analyse each request, ensuring that our focus is in line with the actual and fundamental need of the client to avoid bidding up irrelevant or unnecessary legal costs. Consequently, our clients achieve a defined outcome at a resonable price.Show more +
Nguyen Quoc Bao obtained his LLB from the HCMC University of Law and is currently in progress of obtaining the LLM from University of Kent in the UK. Bao has more than 5 years of experience in assisting and advising a wide array of foreign investors in doing business in Vietnam at international standards. He is also an active contributor to several online legal journals.
His selective clients are: Cognita, Validus, Japfa, Vinacapital, SJC Securities and SkyX Solar.
Areas of Expertise
- Inward Investment
- Corporate & commercial
- Mergers & Acquisition
- Real estate
- Advised a 100% foreign-owned real estate developer in Ho Chi Minh City on structuring a real estate project transfer deal.
- Advised and conducted legal due diligence for a Korean investor in acquiring a resort and condotel development project in Dong Nai Province.
- Advised the business structure and acted as retainer counsel for a foreign-invested P2P lending platform/Fintech enterprise in Vietnam.
- Acted as the representative and assisted a group of individual investors based in Hong Kong in acquiring multiple high-end residential properties in Ho Chi Minh city.
- Assisted an UK-based manufacturing company in negotiation with its suppliers in relation to a dispute on late payment.
- Assisted a 100% foreign-owned educational establishment in Ho Chi Minh city in a joint-investment transaction with a local developer with respect to the new campus site.
- Advised and drafted transactional documents in relation to the long-term lease of tourism properties (condotel, resort villa) for a 100% foreign-owned developer in Hue.
- Assisted and advised the development of a resort and hospitality school project in Phu Quoc city.
- “Dilution and Anti-Dilution Clause: The Basic Understanding”, TND Legal, January 2021.
- “Company Evaluation and Legal Implications”, Kien Thuc Phap Ly, December 2020.
- “Case Practices on Acceptance and Rejection of Goods under the CISG At a Glance”, TND Legal, October 2020.
- “Restrictions on the Choice of Law under the Vietnamese Civil Code”, Kien Thuc Phap Ly, August 2020.
- “Negotiation Skills – Art of Manipulation”, Law Insider, August 2020.
- “Land use right: Can foreigners occupy the land use right”, Kien Thuc Phap Ly, July 2020.
- “Acquiring Houses in Vietnam: Three Legal Issues to Note”, Law Insider, June 2020.
- “Share as Mortgaged Asset: Presumable Risks for Foreign Mortgagee under Vietnamese Legal Regime”, Law Insider, May 2020.
- “Dispute Settlement in EUVIPA – A mechanism to outdate the traditional ISDS or the creation of new challenges”, Kien Thuc Phap Ly, March 2020.
- “Vietnam: Licensing procedures for foreign investor clarified”, Asian-mena Counsel, January 2018.