Corporate Law in Estonia
NOVIRA PLAZA business building, Tartu mnt 25, Tallinn, 10117
Law Office Turnstone was founded in January 2017.
The lawyers at Law Office Turnstone are experienced, while continuously curious – ready to “turn each stone” in order to find the best solution for the client.
The clientele of the office includes companies, state agencies and local government authorities, start-ups and private persons. The strong economic background of Law Office Turnstone partners gives them a deeper insight into the gist of the economic operations of business clients and thereby the ability to offer solutions at a new level.
Experience in court cases enable them to select the most optimum strategy for each litigation. The fresh knowledge of the younger lawyers are balanced with the strategic thinking of the more experienced colleagues in the activities of the office.
When you chose us as your legal counsel, you chose a partner that is hard working, honours commitments and strives to ensure your commercial activities are run smoothly. We stand up for your rights and are a formidable opponent in disputes. Our years of consistent work and dedication have garnered us respect from colleagues and approval of clients.
WE PRACTICE PERFECTION
We always strive for the best in what we do. We are continually improving our results and value quality and productivity.
WE KEEP PACE WITH CHANGE
Nothing stays the same forever, especially in our field. The faster and better we adapt to change, the stronger, more successful and more competitive we are.
WE ARE A TEAM
We place great emphasis on the creativity, energy and passion generated by working together. It enriches the work environment and products better results.
WE ARE HONEST AND RESPECTFUL
Open and honest communication is the best foundation for any relationship. We always act with honest and respect in our relations. It is important to stay loyal, friendly and compassionate, and to be a good listener.
WE HONOUR OUR DUTIES
We honour our commitments and regularly make sure that everything is carried out as promised. Accountability for results reflects our personal dedication to the task.
WE WORK HARD
We “deliver” every day. Skills, knowledge and character are necessary to achieve a good result, but passion and energy are what ensure a great one.
We are proud of the quality we provide. We strive to be even better tomorrow. We will not stand idly by. We set ourselves high goals and never shirk responsibility. We always think big.
- Company law
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Information technology and other technological solutions
- Real estate, planning and construction law
- Data protection
- Public procurements
- Tax and financial law
- Labour law
- Bankruptcy and reorganisation
- Intellectual property
- Family and succession law
- 2010–2014 studied additionally philosophy in Tartu University
- 2000 Estonian Business School, BA in international business administration
- 1985 University of Tartu, Faculty of Law, MA
- Member of the Estonian Bar Association since 2000
- Member of the Estonian Chamber of Bailiffs and Trustees in Bankruptcy, trustee in bankruptcy
- From January 2017 Law Office Turnstone, Partner and Attorney at law
- 2015–2016 Kais, Pihlak & Partners Law Office, Partner and Attorney at Law
- 2014–2015 Rödl & Partner Law Office (Estonia), Partner and Attorney at Law
- 2006–2014 Aavik & Partners Law Office, Partner and Attorney at Law
- 1999–2006 Luiga, Mody, Hääl & Borenius Law Office, Attorney at Law
Before becoming an attorney Monica worked as a lawyer in Tallinn Business Centre and as a Legal Advisor at AS Norma. 1994–1999 Board Member of AS Norma, Board Member and Supervisory Board Member of different subsidiaries of AS Norma and AS Norma Group.
Monica Pihlak has specialized mainly in corporate law, tax law, labour law, family law and bankruptcy proceedings.
She has carried out several company privatisations, has advised companies on mergers and acquisitions, she is widely experienced in representing clients in all levels of the Estonian judicial system.
Working languages: Estonian, English, Russian, some Finnish and FrenchShow more +