Corporate Law in Singapore
600 North Bridge Road #13-01, Parkview Square, Singapore, 188778
Established in 1988, CNPLaw LLP (CNP) is a full-service law firm with a talent for cross-border business. With about 100 staff, including close to 50 lawyers, and a strong network of international contacts, the firm has the capability to deliver legal solutions in Singapore and beyond.
CNP is consistently recognised as being amongst the top law firms in Singapore by leading legal publications such as Legal 500 Asia Pacific, International Financial Law Review 1000, Chambers and Partners and Asialaw Profiles.
Our practice areas include banking & finance, capital markets, corporate & M&A, employment, funds, insolvency & restructuring, intellectual property & technology, litigation & arbitration, private clients, real estate, and regulatory & compliance.
We focus on business involving Asia, in particular Greater China, India, Indonesia, Indo-China, Japan, Malaysia, the Philippines, as well as Singapore. Our lawyers are qualified in a number of jurisdictions as well as in Singapore and advise on cross-border transactions under English law.
The firm is a member of international networks such as Interlaw, a network with law firms located in more than 150 cities worldwide. IR Global, a network of professional services firms across 155+ jurisdictions and SCG Legal, a network located in 82 countries. With strong contacts in all the foreign jurisdictions where our clients do business, CNP is well-placed to meet the ever-increasing need for practical and effective legal services in Singapore and for cross-border business in Asia and beyond.
We make knowing our clients’ businesses our business and pride ourselves in providing innovative, yet practical and valuable advice.
FIND OUT MORE ABOUT OUR PRACTICES
- DISPUTE RESOLUTION
- FINANCIAL SERVICES
- INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY, MEDIA AND TECHNOLOGY
- PRIVATE CLIENTS, FAMILY OFFICES AND WEALTH MANAGEMENT
OUR ANNOUNCEMENTS FOR 2020
- CNPLaw LLP’s M&A practice ranked in Asian Legal Business M&A Rankings in 2020
- Managing Partner, Ms Lisa Theng is recommended by Who’s Who Legal 2020 for Corporate Governance
- CNPLaw LLP announces its Chief Business Development Officer, Mr Benjamin Pwee
- Mr Jimmy Yap audited the course on Indonesian law held at the National University of Singapore
- CNPLaw has been appointed to be on the Singapore Medical Council’s panel of legal assessors for the second consecutive year
- CNPLaw’s Ms Tan Min-Li is recognised in the 12th edition of Best Lawyers in Singapore
- CNPLaw LLP recommended in Benchmark Litigation Asia Pacific 2020
- CNPLaw is once again “Recommended by The Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2020” as a leading law firm
- CNPLaw ushers in the new decade and grows to 18 partners with the addition of Ms Cinda Sim and Ms Wong Pei-Ling
- Corporate staff play a strategic role at CNPLaw
- CNPLaw participates in the Payment Regulatory Evaluation Program for Payment Firms to access legal services
- CNPLaw ranked in IFLR1000 2020
- CNPLaw ranked a “Recommended” firm in Asialaw Profiles 2020
CNPupdate ISSUE 6 IS OUT NOW!
Introducing CNPupdate, CNPLaw’s bi-monthly newsletter that highlights changes and developments within CNPLaw and legal articles of matters of topical interests. To read our latest issue, please click here.Show more +
Min-Li’s principal areas of expertise are in corporate and financial services with particular emphasis on corporate finance, securities and capital markets and mergers and acquisitions throughout Asia. She derives satisfaction from structuring practical legal solutions that work for clients, be it helping a client to extract value from his business through a sale or a listing or working on strategies to scale and expand, bringing the business to the next level. Her clients include private and listed companies, funds and financial institutions.
She heads the firm’s Corporate Finance team. For more information about Min-Li, please click here.
- Distinguished Practitioner for Capital Markets - Asialaw Profiles, 2019, 2020 and 2021
- Recognised for Corporate Law and M&A Law - The Best Lawyers, 2019, 2020 and 2021
- Recommended for Capital Markets - Legal 500 Asia Pacific, 2018, 2019 and 2020
- Highly Regarded for Capital Markets - IFLR1000, 2019 and 2020
- Leading Lawyer for Capital Markets - Chambers and Partners Global, 2019
- Singapore Top 100 Private Practice Lawyers - Asian Business Law Journal, 2018 and 2019
- Recommended for Corporate and M&A - Legal 500 Asia Pacific, 2018
- “Tan Min-Li, the partner in charge, has been very professional with high-quality work and advice, quick turnaround times, creative structures and solutions, excellent risk management and mitigation advice, expert management of other consultants and professionals in the deal, and many other soft skills and touches necessary to get a complex deal through.” – A client provided this feedback about Min-Li to Asialaw Profile 2021
- “Able to provide professional advice and assist in transaction documentation, advises on all matters in respect of Malaysian and Singaporean legal issues and compliance matters.” – A client provided this feedback about CNPLaw's Corporate and M&A practice to Asialaw Profile 2021
- “Very resourceful and commercially savvy. Excellent problem-solving skills. Delivers on time and within budget.” – A client provided this feedback about CNPLaw's Private Equity practice to Asialaw Profile 2021
- “While we were doing our due diligence on the appropriate structure, we worked with the partner in a very transparent fashion that was forthcoming with advice and discussions. He held our hand through the process by way of some key introductions and I would call him a great partner.” – A client provided this feedback about CNPLaw's Banking and Finance practice to Asialaw Profile 2021
- CNPLaw LLP advised SGX-ST listed Company, Axington Inc., on a mandatory unconditional cash offer
- CNPLaw LLP advised Axcelasia Inc. in its divestment of principal subsidiaries to the Hong Kong Tricor group, for a consideration of RM69.7 million
- CNPLaw LLP advised China Tobacco International (HK) Company Limited (“Company”) as to Singapore law in its listing on the Main Board of the Stock Exchange of Hong Kong
- CNPLaw LLP advised Singapore-based Eggriculture Foods Ltd., on its listing on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange
- COVID-19 relief measure: Duration of alternative arrangements for meetings to be extended to 30 June 2021
- Fortitude Budget to help businesses and individuals adapt and build resilience amid the COVID-19 pandemic
- MAS, SIC and SGX RegCo: Offer documents may be disseminated electronically for rights issues and take-over or merger transactions
- SGX RegCo: Automatic extension for the release of full year unaudited financial statements for issuers with financial years ending in February, March and April 2020