For over 95 years, Feria Law has been one of the Philippines’ most trusted, respected and experienced law firms. Time and again, we have shown our capability to attend to the broadest range of our clients’ needs through our knowledge of the Philippine legal environment, extensive work experience with clients here and abroad, and an in-depth understanding of both local and international business practices.
Feria Law was founded in 1924 by Felicisimo R. Feria, who became an Associate Justice of the Supreme Court, and Gabriel La’O, then Dean of the College of Law of the University of Santo Tomas.
Over the years, our Firm’s continuing contribution to excellence in professional legal practice reflects our founders’ vision of keeping up with the changing times in order to meet our clients’ diverse needs. This has instilled in us a sense of reliability and stability that clients have come to expect of our Firm.
At certain points in our history, our illustrious roster of partners and associates has included the legal luminaries such as:
- Jose Y. Feria, former Associate Justice of the Supreme Court and former Dean of the UST Faculty of Civil Law
- Jose Colayco, former Justice of the Court of Appeals
- Diosdado Macapagal, former President of the Republic of the Philippines
- Raul Manglapus, former Senator and Secretary of Foreign Affairs
- Ramon San Jose, former Justice of the Court of Appeals
- Luis Y. Feria, member of the Supreme Court Code Commission and former Dean of the UST Faculty of Civil Law
- Gabriel T. Robeniol, current Justice of the Court of Appeals
Feria Law specializes in the following practice areas:
- Corporate & Transactional
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Litigation & Dispute Resolution
- Finance & Capital Markets
- Labor and Employment
- Technology & Data Privacy
Mitch has extensive experience in handling mergers and acquisitions, particularly, private equity investments, having advised and represented clients in transactions involving retail, real estate, energy, business process outsourcing, education, manufacturing, gaming and entertainment, banking and finance, telecommunications and technology industries.
She has also advised on several joint ventures involving both private corporations and the Government, capital markets transactions, corporate reorganizations and restructuring, regulatory matters with Philippine government agencies including: Securities and Exchange Commission, Philippine Competition Commission, National Privacy Commission, Bureau of Internal Revenue, Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas (Central Bank), and Philippine Economic Zone Authority.
Among her recently concluded work are:
- Together with international counsel, advised a Chinese developer of transmission projects and a major manufacturer of electrical equipment and power transformers in its investment into a Philippine renewable energy project
- Advised stockholders of a 72-year old legacy educational institution, specializing in naval architecture and marine engineering in their share sale to one of the Philippines’ largest information technology based college systems
- Advised one of the largest Philippine business process outsourcing providers in its acquisition of a business process outsourcing operations of one of the world’s largest international e-commerce platforms
- Advised stockholders of a 90-year old educational institution in their billion-peso share sale to the educational arm of one of the largest Philippine conglomerates
- Advised a major Philippine real estate developer in its various joint venture projects with leading Japanese retail giants and a major Japanese real estate developer
- Advised several restaurant retail groups on franchising outside of the Philippines and international franchising deals within the Philippines
She also acts as Corporate Secretary for several Philippine corporations and subsidiaries/affiliates of multinational corporations including, MG Exeo Network Inc., Sidel End of Line Solutions (Philippines), Inc., PressReader PH Inc., Northern Lights Development Corporation, Paradigm Pharma (Philippines) Corporation, Directories Philippines Corporation.
She is a member of the Philippine Bar Association and trained arbitrator and member of the Philippine Dispute Resolution Center, Inc.
She joined Feria Tantoco Daos Law Offices in 2012 and was made partner in January of 2019. She received her Juris Doctor from the Ateneo Law School in 2011 and her Bachelor of Arts in Philosophy from Ateneo de Manila University in 2007.
While in law school, she was awarded Best Oralist (Final Rounds) and was part of the Champion team in the National International Humanitarian Law Moot Court Competition and was awarded Second Best Oralist in the international round of the International Humanitarian Law Moot Court Competition, both sponsored by the International Committee of the Red Cross.Show more +
Private Equity & Venture Capital in Philippines
8th Floor, DPC Place, 2322 Chino Roces Avenue, Makati, 1231