Accounting Services in Bangladesh
House No. 817 (First Floor), Road No. 4, Baitul Aman Housing Society, Dhaka, 1207
Toha Khan Zaman & Co., Chartered Accountants was established in the year 1992 through merger of “Khan Zaman & Co. Chartered Accountants” and “Mohammed Toha & Co. Chartered Accountants” and commenced its operation as Audit and Accounting Profession with effect from 01 November 1992 with the permission accorded by The Institute of Chartered Accountants of Bangladesh (ICAB) vide letter under reference No. 4/52/ICAB-72 dated 06 March 1993. The initial partners of the firm were Mr. Mohammed Toha FCA, Mr. Serajuddin Khan ACA and Mr. Md. Waliuzzaman FCA.
We are now working with 3 Partners, 35 Professional Staffs and 6 Support Staffs.
a. Industrial Sector: Chemical Industries, Jute Mills, Textile Mills, Sugar Mills, Steel Mills
b. Energy Sector: PDB, DESA, REB, Gas Companies
c. Financial Institutions- Bank and Insurance Companies
d. Non-government Organizations (NGO’s)
e. Educational Institutions
f. Different Fund Accounts
g. Limited Companies etc.
Main Services Provided:
Audit/Review, Accounting/Compilation, Investigation, Valuation of Industrial/Commercial Organizations, Corporate Tax, Personal Tax, Value Added Tax, Company Secretarial Matters, Fund Management, Feasibility Studies, Financial Forecasting, Budgetary Control, Installation of Accounting and Costing System, Preparing Training Material and Conducting Training on Accounting and Financial Management System etc.
(a) Sector Corporations (b) Privatization Board (c) Ministry of Jute (d) Ministry of Education (e) Ministry of Finance (f) Bangladesh Bank (g) Microcredit Regulatory Authority (h) NGO Affairs Bureau (i) Bangladesh Power Development Board (j) Dhaka Electric Supply Authority (k) South Asia Partnership- Bangladesh (l) Proshika Manobik Unnayan Kendra (m) Grameen Family of Companies (n) CARE – Bangladesh (o) Palli Karma Shahayak Foundation (PKSF) (p) Action Aid – Bangladesh (q) Bread for the World, Germany (r) National Nutrition Project (NNP), Ministry of Health and Family Welfare (s) Water Aid Bangladesh (t) Other Organizations.
· Obtained Bachelor of Commerce degree (B.Com.) from Rajshahi University in 1974 held in 1975.
February 1976 to August 1980:
· Served as articled student under article-ship of Late Mr. Abul Qasem, FCA, senior partner of M/s. A. Qasem & Co., Chartered Accountants, Dhaka.
· Passed the final examination of The Institute of Chartered Accountants of Bangladesh, in June 1979 (1 year ahead of completion of article-ship)
· Became a fellow member (FCA) of The Institute of Chartered Accountants of Bangladesh from June 1986.
Since January 1991:
· Started public practice as Chartered Accountant as Principal Md. Waliuzzaman & Co., Chartered Accountants, then partner Khan Zaman & Co., Chartered Accountants and finally partner Toha Khan Zaman & Co., Chartered Accountants and now the Managing Partner of the firm.
August 1989 to December 1990:
· Served as Deputy General Manager, Accounts and Finance, (Head of Accounts and Finance Department), Hafiz Jute Mills Limited, Chittagong, an enterprise of Bangladesh Jute Mills Corporation.
December 1986 to August 1989:
· Served as Deputy General Manager, Accounts and Finance, (Head of Accounts and Finance Department), Peoples Jute Mills Limited, Town Khalishpur, Khulna an enterprise of Bangladesh Jute Mills Corporation
February 1986 to December 1986:
· Served as Deputy General Manager, Head Office Accounts, Bangladesh Jute Mills Corporation, Dhaka.
August 1981 to February 1986:
· Served as Senior Deputy Chief Accountant and subsequently Deputy General Manager, (Head of Accounts and Finance Department), The Crescent Jute Mills Limited, Town Khalishpur, Khulna an enterprise of Bangladesh Jute Mills Corporation.
February 1981 to August 1981:
· Served as Deputy Chief Accountant (Head of Accounts and Finance Department) of TSP Complex Limited an enterprise of Bangladesh Chemical Industries Corporation.
August 1980 to February 1981:
· Served with M/s. A. Qasem & Co., Chartered Accountants as Qualified Assistant.
· Conducted Performance Audit of Dhaka Urban Transport Project (DUTP) in association with A. Qasem & Co., Chartered Accountants (Lead Firm) for the period through 1999 through 2003.
· While in profession after being a Chartered Accountant and during the period of article-ship the following special type of works were performed:
· Consultancy services to the Directorate of Agriculture, Jute Production, under Ministry of Agriculture for the project “Intensive Jute Cultivation Scheme a World Bank financed project” where accounting and reporting systems were designed, implemented and training program conducted to make the officers and staff of 500 unit offices, 20 zonal offices and head office familiar with the system so designed.
· Worked on “Financial Accounting Package (FINPACK)” of Bata Shoe Company Limited to feed the financial and operational data in prescribed formats for consolidation at Bata Head Office, Canada.
· In addition to normal audit accounting system designed and implemented.
· While in article-ship worked at Janata Bank Head Office to carry out the statutory audit.
Joined profession as Public Accountant in January 1991 and acquired experiences as under:
· Designed, formulated and implemented internal system for auditing of all types of industrial undertakings, NGOs, Educational Institutions etc.
· Audited the annual accounts of different undertakings, directly supervised, reviewed and finalized reports
· Valuation of assets and liabilities of the industrial undertakings.
· Supervised and finalized accounting work of various organizations
· Personally supervised the physical as well as financial audit of EC Financed Compex Funded Project “Improved Retting Practices for Augmenting Quality of Jute in Bangladesh” Under Ministry Of Jute.
· Personally supervised the Consultancy services rendered to DHAKA WASA for reconciliation of Advances and Bank Accounts.
· Rendered Secretarial Services including preparation of Memorandum and Articles of Associations, Prospectus, Annual Reports, Minutes of meetings of the Board of Directors and Annual General Meetings etc.
· Audit of educational institutions viz. Schools, Colleges, Madrashas, Registered Primary Schools etc. under appointment of Ministry of Education, Government of the Peoples Republic of Bangladesh.
India (Delhi, Agra, Kolkata), Singapore, Philippines (Manila), Malaysia (Kualalampur and Gangtek High Lands), Saudi Arabia (Mecca, Modena, Jeddah), China (Beijing), Sreelanka (Colombo and Candy), Turkey (Istanbul), Indonesia (Bali), Thailand (Bangkok, Phuket, Pataya) etc.Show more +