Commercial Law in Angola
Rua Rainha Ginga, 187, Ed. Rainha Ginga, Piso Int., Luanda
MVA is a client driven law firm based in Luanda, Angola committed to long term relationships and customer focus. Our dedication enables us to find solutions that suits specific requirements of our clientele whilst taking into account timing and efficiency. Angola is a very particular market, however our experience and know-how in the country is the factor that sets us apart. Mauro Mota Veiga was the Distinguished Winner of the Legal Award “Corporate Law Attorney of the Year” 2017 for Angola, by Acquisition International.
Our vast experience includes National and International companies, including some of the biggest players in Africa and the world namely Standard Chartered Bank, Standard Bank, Shoprite International, DHL, Boston Consulting Group, HSBC, Total E&P, Fresenius & Pepstores.
We also have a network of contacts and strong relationships with other law firms and associations in Portugal, UK, Italy, Spain, Switzerland and UAE.
Below we provide a highlight of our main practice areas focussed at meeting client requirements, thanks to our associations and relationships are able to cover a wide range areas in response to client demand.
- Corporate & Commercial Law
- Real Estate
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Administrative Law
- Public Procurement
- Environmental Law
- Competition Law
- Banking and Capital Markets
- Energy & Mining
- Private Investment of Angola
- Tax & Customs Law
- Employment Law & Litigation
Our track record includes transactions across various areas of practice and clients of many sectors. Our multidisciplinary team, relationships and associations allows MVA to respond to a wide variety and sectors and complex transactions.
The focus is simple; high quality work and results for all our clients.
- ARMO (Regulatory Agency for the Gold Market): Advice on Legislation, general counselling;
- HSBC: Advice on transactions related with the financing of the national aviation company (TAAG);
- Goldman Sachs: Advice on several transactions of private entities and the financing and negotiation of a loan agreement with the Angolan Government;
- Standard Chartered Bank: General Counselling in Angola;
- HSBC: Advice on financing transactions of infrastructure financing in Angola;
- Standard Bank: Advice on several financing transactions and loan agreements;
- Cummins: Advice on the incorporation in Angola;
- Shoprite: General counselling and real estate;
- Pepstores: General counselling;
- Billion Group: Advice on the investment operations in Angola;
- SecureWais: Advice on the investment operation and incorporation of the company in Angola;
- DHL: Advice on the investment operation in Angola, general counselling.
- Sika Group: Advice on Private Investment and Real Estate in Angola;
- Louis Dreyfus (LDC): Advice in a major acquisition in Angola in the agricultural sector;
- World Fuel Services: Advice on the incorporation in Angola;
- Boston Consulting Group: General counselling;
- Johnson & Johnson: Advice on a major distribution transaction in Angola;
- Samsung: General counselling;
- Fresenius Medical Group: General counselling;
- General Electric: General counselling;
- Tolsa: General counselling;
- Weatherford: General counselling;
- Amosco: General counselling;
- Total E&P: Advice on acquisition project;
- SWIRE: General counselling;
Loadstone Properties (Investment Fund): Advice on real estate projects.Show more +
Corporate Law Attorney of the Year 2017
Main areas of practice:
Real Estate, Banking and Capital Markets,
Corporate & Commercial Law, Energy & Mining.
2012 to date
Founding Partner – MVA Mota Veiga Sociedade de Advogados, RL
2010 – 2012
Lawyer – FBL, Faria de Bastos e Lopes, Advogados in Luanda and Benguela, Angola
2008 – 2008
Lawyer – Miranda Correia Amendoeira & Associados, Portugal
2007 – 2008
Legal Advisor – JPALMS, São Tomé e Príncipe
Registered at the Angolan Bar Association (Ordem dos Advogados de Angola) (2012)
Registered at the Portuguese Bar Association (Ordem dos Advogados) (2007)
Degree in Law (2004) – University of Coimbra, Portugal
Articles and Publications
Article Direito em Angola, Chapter on Legal Procedure of Civil Law in Angola (2013)
Portuguese and EnglishShow more +