Debt & Asset Recovery in British Virgin Islands
3rd Floor, Flemming House, P.O. Box 4740 Road Town, Tortola, VG 1110
- Multi-jurisdictional claim prosecution and enforcement
- Global asset tracing and recovery
- Enforcement and protection of shareholder rights
- Corporate restructuring and insolvency
- Complex civil litigation
- International arbitration
- Covert and overt investigations
- Forensic accounting
- International corporate searches
- The use of sealing and gagging remedies to search for concealed assets
Markus is an experienced international legal practitioner admitted in the BVI, District of Columbia, New York, Massachusetts, and as a solicitor in England & Wales.
He joined Martin Kenney & Co. from Hughes Hubbard & Reed in Washington, D.C., and Paris, where he was part of the Anti-Corruption and Internal Investigations practice group. He has advised on antitrust and anti-corruption matters, including the US Foreign Corrupt Practices Act and the UK Bribery Act, and is a fraud and asset recovery litigator. He has extensive experience with cross-border matters, particularly involving Europe and North and South America.
Markus is a graduate of Harvard Law School, plus holds a BA in International Relations and German from The John Hopkins University and an MBA from Columbia University. Prior to his career in law, he worked as an investment banker and financial analyst in the world’s financial centres, including Los Angeles, London, and New York.
Markus is fluent in English, Spanish, and German and proficient in French and Portuguese.Show more +