International Deal Making - Assisting Acquirers
Published 05 Nov, 2019
Mark is a Committee Member of the Professional Services Practice Management Group 2020 and has had an active role within the network since he joined us back in 2016.
Please sign in to view members only features
Mark is a highly regarded senior commercial lawyer with an enviable track record of more than 20 years practicing across all areas of business and property law.
He and his team have a reputation as first rate legal advisors who are committed to maintaining the highest professional standards and acting in the best interests of all clients.
After many years practicing as a Partner in prestigious commercial, boutique law firms in Auckland and Rotorua, Mark established MJC Legal in 2009.
In his career he has acted for private individuals, government entities and major international corporations, advising on all aspects of commercial, property and rural laws.
Mark’s practice and interests are not limited to large companies or big deals. He is able to bring his expertise and experience to an array of private and corporate clients both in New Zealand and overseas who are seeking high quality legal advice delivered with exceptional service.
Mark’s commercial acumen is recognised with a number of current and previous governance roles, including:
- Immediate Past Chairman and President – Paralympics New Zealand
- International Paralympic Committee – Legal & Ethics Committee Member
- Secretary General – Oceania Paralympics Committee
- Advisory Board Chair – Tarawera Ultra Marathon
- Director – Stonehaven Trustee Limited (large scale corporate farming operation)
- Trustee – Sir Edmund Hilary Outdoor Pursuits Centre of NZ
- Chartered Member Institute of Directors
- Technology Law Society of NZ (founding member and Past President)
- NZ/Australia Institute of Banking
- Property Law Section of the NZ Law Society
- Graduate of Multilaw Academy in Quebec City, Canada – Mark is one of only two NZ graduates of an intensive fortnight-long course for senior lawyers run by the international Multilaw group of 80 top law firms, covering international commercial law negotiations.
MJC Legal Trading as Mark Copeland Lawyer is a boutique law firm based in Rotorua, with offices also in Auckland. The firm was established in 2009 and was spurred by Mark Copeland’s vision of providing specialist legal services with an absolute focus on meeting client needs.
We understand that our clients place their faith in us to reach a desired outcome. To achieve this Mark Copeland Lawyer develops long lasting relationships with clients based on trust, integrity and mutual respect. Our clients and their objectives are at the core of what we do.
We partner with our clients to determine the best possible result from each situation and work together to make it happen.
Clients come from throughout New Zealand and internationally to work with Mark Copeland Lawyer for legal excellence and first class service.
Our mission, vision and values are the foundation of our services and define how we operate as individuals, as a firm and interact with clients.
We are expert advisors dedicated to delivering great solutions.
A firm that is widely respected as a leading specialist in commerce having exceptional lawyers and incorporating a philanthropic focus.
For every client to feel valued knowing their interests are paramount.
Respect – Trust – Ethics
IR’s Rising Stars initiative recognises the best talent and next generation of leaders within IR member firms. It enables them to build their own international connections and benefit from the various resources the network has to offer.
Cheryl DroughtView More
Published 05 Nov, 2019
Published 01 Apr, 2019
Published 25 Mar, 2019
Published 26 Oct, 2018
Published 03 Sep, 2018