Foreign Direct Investment in El Salvador
Cuscatlán Street # 4312, Colonia Escalón, San Salvador
We are a group of lawyers and notaries with business and financial training with field of action in El Salvador and abroad. We combine the practice of a traditional office with current innovation and technology needs.
Our firm was founded in 2009 by lawyers with more than 35 years in the practice of law and young lawyers highly trained in legal, financial and business matters both in El Salvador and abroad, which makes us a solid firm to be your best legal allies.
In that sense, more than lawyers, we are business legal advisors that attend to the immediate needs of your business from the perspective of your interests.
Torres is a firm with an international vocation, with lawyers trained in the most prestigious law and business universities worldwide, with international experience on issues related to the structuring of foreign investments.
Some of our most outstanding services are:
LEGAL TECH SERVICES
- Fintech advisory
- Electronic signature
- Electronic commerce advisory
- Data Protection
- Reg tech
- Tax Audit
- Customs processes
- Direct Taxation (Income, Capital Gain)
- Indirect Taxation
CORPORATE AND COMMERCIAL LAW
- Foreign investment
- Legal Agreements
- Management of Electricity Generation Projects
- Due Diligence
- Tender and Public Procurement
- Notarial Law
- Advice related to anti-money laundering policies.
- Creation of a money laundering prevention manual.
- Preparation of ethics manuals.
- Registration of companies with the Financial Investigation Unit of the Attorney General's Office.
- Registration and accreditation before supervisory entities in the matter of anti-money laundering.
- Monitoring, audit, and periodic compliance evaluations programs.
- Preparation and drafting of legal and regulatory compliance policies.
LABOR AND IMMIGRATION LAW
- Work Permits for Foreigners
- Labor audits
- Administrative and Judicial Labor Processes
- Individual and Collective Contracting
- Internal Work Regulations
- Occupational Health and Safety
Attorney and Public Notary authorized by the Republic of El Salvador, he obtained a degree in Legal Sciences and a Master’s degree in Business Law from the Central American University “José Simeon Cañas, UCA”.
He also has several trainings in managerial skills and managerial development from the Aden Business School, a diploma in Insurance technics from the School of Insurance of Central America and has participated in The Banking Strategy and Bank Organization, given by the Financial Technology Transfer Agency in Luxembourg.
Experienced Senior Business Partner with a demonstrated history of working in the management consulting industry. Skilled in Negotiation, Privacy Law, Enterprise Risk Management and Corporate Law.
With over 21 years of experience as a lawyer, with experience in the insurance industry, Regulatory Law, Consumer Law, Corporate Governance, Financial Law, Commercial Law, Intellectual Property and Criminal Law.
He has acted as advisor in legal and regulatory compliance related to operations of insurance companies, banks, reinsurers, sanctioning administrative processes against supervised entities of the Financial System and compliance with legal requirements of financial entities.Show more +