Private Equity & Venture Capital in Italy
Via Verdi, 2 20121 Milano - Italy, Milan
Studio Legale Chiomenti’s distinction has always been its international outlook and its Italian legal expertise. Avvocato Pasquale Chiomenti founded the Chiomenti law firm in 1948, when the legal profession in Italy was practised in an almost exclusively domestic context. Under his inspiration, the Firm was one of the first Italian law firms with international capabilities.
The Firm's success is based on the combination of its international outlook, recognised quality and reputation of its professionals. Studio Chiomenti has accompanied the growth of the major Italian businesses and the continuing increase in incoming and outgoing foreign investments from the post Second World War economic recovery to the recent market integration reforms.
The Firm today has approximately 280 attorneys and tax advisers and has offices in Rome, Milan, London, Brussels, New York, Beijing, Shanghai and Hong Kong.
Studio Legale Chiomenti provides integrated legal advice with the goals of assisting clients to acquire full knowledge of the legal variables affecting their business decisions and turning efficient legal structures into a competitive advantage. In addition to advising on extraordinary transactions in the corporate, banking, finance and capital markets practice areas, the Firm provides expert legal services in the tax, administrative, employment, EU, antitrust, public utilities, copyright, financial markets regulation, trusts, and intellectual property practice areas. The Firm has consolidated expertise in civil, administrative and EU law, litigation and in national and international arbitration.
The Firm's quality legal assistance has been rewarded by recognition in the press and in legal sector organisations. The Firm has been repeatedly recognised as "Law Firm of the Year" for Italy by the primary international and Italian journals and specialised guides. In addition, the Firm and its professionals are consistently ranked among the foremost leaders by Chambers Global, The European Legal 500, IFLR 1000 and PLC Which lawyer?
Studio Chiomenti's clients include major Italian and foreign industrial, banking, insurance, and financial groups. The Firm also assists Italian national and local public administration bodies, foreign States and public entities, organised markets and centralised securities management companies and international organisations.
Luca Liistro joined the firm in 2001 and became a partner in 2013. He was foreign associate at Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom, LLP in New York in 2006-2007. He worked at the New York office of Chiomenti from 2007 to 2009.
Luca Liistro is a business lawyer specialized in providing assistance to Italian and foreign clients in Commercial and Corporate, and M&A matters.
Clients assisted include:
- the shareholders of Loro Piana S.p.A. in the sale of the majority stake to the LVMH group;
- Unipol Assicurazioni S.p.A. in a number of real estate and corporate transactions; and
- the Avio group in the context of the sale to General Electric.
He has advised private equity funds including:
- Synergo SGR S.p.A.,
- IGI SGR S.p.A.,
- Medinvest S.c.a r.l.,
- the Cinven group, and
- the Goldman Sachs group.
He has also assisted a number of industrial Clients, including:
- Royal Dutch Shell;
- the Artsana group, active in the medical and baby-products industry, in corporate transactions and joint ventures in the United States of America and in Russia;
- the KIKO group, active in the cosmetic industry, with regard to retail joint-ventures in the Middle East;
- the Komatsu group, active in the production and distribution of construction machineries, in commercial / corporate transactions;
- the Bonney Forge group, active in the production and distribution of valves for the oil and gas industry;
- the Baker Hughes International group, one of the main players worldwide in the oil and gas industry;
- Eternal Chemical Ltd., Taiwanese group, worldwide leader in the chemical and film industries;
- the Conair group, US multinational which is also the owner of a number of household and personal-care brands worldwide;
- the Bongrain S.A. group, worldwide primary French-based player in the production and distribution of dairy products; and
- the Bel Fuse Inc. group, active in the design and manufacturing of telecommunication electronics.
Luca Liistro has also been involved in real estate transactions in the interest of hotel owners negotiating management agreements with international hotel chains such as the Starwood group, and in the interest of hotel managers such as the Accor group, and of real-estate portfolio managers, such as the AEW group with regard to logistic properties. He has also advised in relation to the legal implications of extra-ordinary renovation works of “trophy assets” such as museums, historical and artistical properties for the benefit of Clients including Borsa Italiana S.p.A., Fendi S.p.A., and the Medusa cinema group.
Graduated in Law, University of Palermo, 2001; admitted to the Bar, Italy, 2004; LL.M., International Business and Trade Law, Fordham University, School of Law, New York, NY (USA), 2006.
Membership in Professional Associations:
Member of the Milan Bar (Italy)
Italian, EnglishShow more +