Built on Trust. Strengthened by Integrity.
More than a decade ago, Salvador & Associates (S&A) was established by some of the country’s best minds in taxation and commercial law. The firm has built a solid reputation as one of the Philippines’ foremost firms in tax practice.
Today, as Salvador Llanillo & Bernardo (SLB), the firm proudly calls many of the country’s top 500 companies and various multinational corporations as clients. With services ranging from tax advisory, tax planning services and litigation, to commercial, corporate and intellectual property law, SLB continues to solidify its role as a true and trusted counsel for its clients.
The firm is powered by the collective excellence of highly qualified legal minds in the areas of taxation and commercial law. Six partners, seven senior associates, 11 junior associates and a special counsel for immigration law.Show more +
Llewellyn L. Llanillo is one of Asia’s leading experts in intellectual property law and business law, and has been cited as such by Asialaw Profiles, Asia Leading Lawyers, Legal Media Group Guide to World’s Leading Trademark Law Practitioners, International Financial Law Review’s Guide to World’s International Business Law Firms, Asia Pacific Legal 500: Guide to Asia’s Commercial Law Firms, International Who’s Who of Business Lawyers, International Who’s Who of Trademark Lawyers, and Asia IP’s Top 50 Patent Lawyers in Asia, among other publications.
He is admitted to the Philippine bar and the New York Bar. His areas of practice include advertising, media and entertainment, corporate services and business transactions, e-commerce and technology, personal data protection, franchising and distribution, and investments, mergers and acquisitions.
Recently joining SLB, he brings with him a wealth of legal skill and knowledge and more than 40 years of legal and practical experience, having been associated with one of the largest law firms in the country as a partner, head of its intellectual property practice, and subsequently becoming the firm’s managing partner and senior counsel.
Mr. Llanillo has contributed numerous legal articles, notes and bulletins to international publications, including Trademarks in APAA Countries, Les Nouvelles, Managing Intellectual Property’s Litigation Yearbook, the Integrated Bar of the Philippines Law Journal, and the University of the Philippines Law Journal. He is editor of Philippine Patent Office Decisions, co-editor of the 1996 INTA Country Guides, contributing editor of the 1994 World Patent Law and Practice, and co-author of the Philippine Chapter of Oceana Treatise’s 2007 Trademark Practice and Forms.
He has been involved in the drafting of legislative bills to update Philippine intellectual property law and has extensive practical hands-on experience in corporate servicing, licensing, technology transfer and product registration issues as counsel to or officer of various pharmaceutical and other manufacturing companies.
He was president of the Philippine Committee of Union Internationale des Avocats and is director and past president of the Philippine Bar Association. He is also a past president of the Philippine national groups of the Licensing Executives Society, Asian Patent Attorneys Association, and the Association Internationale pour la Protection de La Propriete Industrielle. He is an adviser and past president of the Intellectual Property Association of the Philippines, a trustee of LAWASIA Philippines, and a member of the Asociacion Europea de Abogados, the International Bar Association, United States Trademark Association, Federation Internationale des Conseilsen Propriete Industrielle, Law Association for Asia and the Pacific, the Inter-Pacific Bar Association, the ASEAN Law Association, and the International Association of Defense Counsel.
He has been a Consultant to WIPO on the Franchising Guide for Developing Countries, and to the Department of Science and Technology – United Nations Development Programme Project “Achieving International Competitiveness through Technology Development and Transfer.” He has also served as a Bar Examiner in commercial law.
Education, Experience & Training
- Master of Laws in U.S. and Global Business Law, Suffolk University Law School
- Bachelor of Laws, University of the Philippines
- Bachelor of Arts in Social Sciences, Ateneo de Davao University
- Former Managing Partner, Senior Counsel, and IP Practice Group Head, SyCip Salazar Hernandez & Gatmaitan
- Litigation Attorney, Araneta Mendoza & Papa
- Foreign Attorney, Anderson Mori & Rabinowitz (Tokyo, Japan)
- Registered Patent Agent
- EEC/Asean Technology Transfer Program, INSEAD Euro-Asia Centre, Singapore
- Program on Industrial Property, Japan Institute of Invention and Innovation/ The Association for Overseas Technical Scholarship, Tokyo
- Integrated Bar of the Philippines
- Union Internationale des Avocats
- Philippine Bar Association
- Licensing Executives Society
- Asian Patent Attorneys Association
- Association Internationale pour la Protection de La Propriete Industrielle
- Intellectual Property Association of the Philippines
- International Bar Association
- United States Trademark Association
- Federation Internationale des Conseils En Propriete Industrielle
- Law Association for Asia and the Pacific
- Inter-Pacific Bar Association
- ASEAN Law Association
- International Association of Defense Counsel
Commercial Law in Philippines
8th Floor, Tower One and Exchange Plaza, Ayala Triangle, Ayala Avenue, Manila, 1226 Makati City