Corporate Law in Ghana
3rd Floor Teachers’ Hall Complex, Off Barnes Road, Adabrak, Accra, P. O. Box AN 347
We are an immensely vibrant and diverse full-service corporate and commercial law firm located in the heart of Accra. Following our genesis in 2008, Adu-Kusi, formerly Law Bureau, has grown to become an exceptional law firm with excellent specialization across a wide spectrum of practice areas including Corporate and commercial, Mergers and acquisition, Banking, Finance, Dispute resolution, Intellectual property, Oil and gas, Energy and renewable resources, Pensions and employment and Trade and investment.
We are committed to providing a progressive and innovative approach to the delivery of our legal services, ensuring that our clients are furnished with cutting-edge services in respect of the work we do as well as the advice we offer.
We have more than a decade of experience in representing and advising both local and international business entities, corporations and think tanks in Ghana and across Africa, in groundbreaking deals and transactions. These include:
- representing the foremost and largest local service provider in the oil industry in Ghana in a joint venture with two multinational oil corporations and advising the joint venture on all aspects of a contract to drill and maintain oil wells worth over USD 800m;
- representing and advising an international bank relating to the setting up of the Bank in Ghana;
- representing and advising a Ghanaian public entity on the acquisition of all of the equity interest of Aluminum Corporation of America (ALCOA) in one the best reputed aluminum smelting plants in the world (originally owned by Kaiser Aluminum and Chemical Corporation (KACC) and ALOCA;
- representing RigWorld Services Limited in a joint venture and all aspects of a contract with Damco worth over USD100m for the provision of logistical services to Mearsk JV;
- representing a key quasi-public institution on all aspect of joint venture to develop a 450MW gas fired Combined Cycle Power Plant (225MW x 2) (the Project) in Ghana, among others.
Our strength rests in our ability to harness new and pragmatic strategies to assist our clients conquer the competitive world we find ourselves in.
We are creative, competent, forward-thinking and painstaking in the delivery of our legal services, always striving for the attainment of the goals of our clients.
The firm is currently headed and managed by Kwabena Adu-Kusi. Kwabena has considerable experience across the whole range of corporate and commercial transactions. Kwabena also has wide ranging experience in corporate disputes.
Kwabena has actively worked in the financial sector of Ghana in various capacities. He helped set up the Legal Department of Intercontinental Bank Ghana Limited (now known as Access Bank) and was the Head of the Legal Department. He provided legal services to BSIC Bank (Ghana) Limited at the early stages of its formation.
He was also the Legal and Compliance Officer of CAL Bank Limited.
Prior to founding the firm, Kwabena was the Legal Advisor of the CFAO Group in Ghana (Comprising CFAO Ghana Limited, Pens and Plastics Ghana Limited, CFAO Equipment Ghana Limited and Puma Ghana Limited)
In the early years of his legal career, Kwabena was a Senior Associate responsible for litigation at Ntrakwah & Company; a corporate and commercial law firm, and its subsidiary Corporate Profile Limited; a company engaged in company secretarial practice, where he provided legal services to several individuals, National and International firms and organizations including Insurance and Re-Insurance Companies, Banking and Non-banking Financial Institutions, Investment, Manufacturing and Mining Companies. He has also advised on the divestiture of public companies and public listings on the Ghana Stock Exchange.
Kwabena has taught Company Law, Partnerships and Business Law in institutions including the Central Bank of Ghana Training School, Association of Certified Entrepreneurs and Institute of Professional Studies in Ghana.
Kwabena serves on several boards and is a court member of the International Court of Arbitration of ICC (International Chamber of Commerce).Show more +