- Health Law Consultancy is a focused and effective Chicago-based health law firm that serves the business of healthcare. The law firm’s success has been built on supporting and advancing the business goals and managing and mitigating the legal risks of participants in the health care sector.
- Practice Focus: Health Law Consultancy’s practice is health law. By this singular focus, the firm practices at the highest level of sophistication, knowledge and skill.
- Practice Approach: Health Law Consultancy engages with clients to further their business strategies and objectives and endeavours to be the health law firm of choice for health industry participants seeking to thrive in complex healthcare markets.
- Health Law Consultancy’s areas of particular proficiency include serving evolving markets and emerging companies and counselling on health insurance, government health program and managed care regulation, commercial transactions and contracting, antitrust and anti-fraud and abuse compliance, and health information privacy and security.
- Health Law Consultancy is a proud woman-owned business enterprise, certified by the State of Illinois, County of Cook and City of Chicago.
Kathy Roe is managing attorney and co-founder of Health Law Consultancy, a Chicago-based boutique law firm. She advises health care organizations on the legal ins and outs of Medicare, Medicaid and other government health programs, health insurance markets and products, and health information privacy and security. She applies deep industry knowledge and experience with operations, administration and financing in health care to structure, negotiate and document health industry arrangements for pharmacy and other health benefits management, payer-provider value-based care initiatives, and health information sharing strategies.
Roe’s excellence in health law is recognized by Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business and Best Lawyers in America. The law firm she manages and co-founded has been rated Chicago Metropolitan Tier 1 in health law by U.S. News-Best Lawyers “Best Law Firms” surveys for 10 straight years and is ranked for health law in Illinois by Chambers USA. Prior to founding Health Law Consultancy in 2009, Roe honed her health care transactional and regulatory skills advancing from associate to capital partner at three prominent Chicago law firms. She began her legal career as a compliance attorney with a publicly traded life and health insurance company.
A member of the Illinois State Bar, Roe earned a Juris Doctor from Northwestern University Pritzker School of Law and a Bachelor of Arts in Economics, summa cum laude, from the University of Notre Dame. Roe serves as board member, secretary and Education Committee co-chair for the Illinois Association of Healthcare Attorneys. She is a member of the American Health Law Association, the International Association of Privacy Professionals, and the International Association for Contract and Commercial Management.Show more +
Life Sciences and Data Privacy & Security in Illinois
62 W. Huron St., 2A, Chicago, 60654