Civil Law in Luxembourg
488, Route de Longwy, Luxembourg, 1942
The study of Maître Karine REUTER is established at L-1940 Luxembourg, 488, route de Longwy.
The study is specialized, due to the professional experience of its notary, in real estate, in family law (marriage contract, divorce, property structuring, etc.), company law as well as in inheritance law.
We work in german, french, english and luxemburgish. Some members of the team are able to speak portuguse or italian.
Area of expertise
Our areas of expertise cover:
Real estate transactions: ( in Luxembourg the Notary works as « conveyancer » or does the job a solicitor is doing in UK f.i.)
- All forms of real estate transfer: sales / acquisitions, donations, exchanges…
- Establishment of easements, emphytheotic lease, constitution of usufruct, transfer of bare ownership
- Auctions (both voluntary and forced)
- Constitution of any form of company (PLC, s.à.rl, etc.)
- Extraordinary general meetings
- Mergers (national and cross-border) and splits
- Asset structuring
- Business transfer (family and ordinary)
- Marriage agreement and structuring of family patrimony
- Partnership agreement and divorces
- Estate: wills
- Liquidation of joint possession
- Funding : Mortgage loans: opening of credit, allocations, bonds etc
Karine REUTER began her studies at the „Lycée des Garçons“ in Esch / Alzette, where she obtained in 1988 her diploma of end of classical secondary studies, mathematics / Latin section.
After successfully completing the law studies of the "Cours Universitaires de Luxembourg" in 1989, Maître REUTER continued her studies at the Robert Schumann University in Strasbourg to obtain in 1992 her master's degree in law, option private law.
At the exam to enter the Bar, Karine REUTER exam was ranked 1st out of 59 candidates.
Member of the Luxembourg bar until 1997 - where she practiced as « avocat-avoué » - the next step in her career was the judiciary. Maître REUTER was a judge at the Diekirch district court during the years 1997 to 2005, in 2005 she was appointed 1st judge at the district court in Luxembourg to be finally appointed Notary at the post of Redange in 2007.
After succeeding Maître Georges D'HUART in Pétange, Karine REUTER took over the study of Me Joseph ELVINGER, and is now established as Notary in Luxembourg City since 2015.Show more +