Wedlake Bell is a top 100 City law firm with core strengths across Business Services, Disputes, Private Client and Real Estate. The firm has 73 Partners operating from its central City of London location near St Pauls. Wedlake Bell LLP and Moon Beever LLP merged on 12 July this year. Moon Beever was well known for its insolvency and restructuring work where the firm has built a market-leading reputation, as well as first-class practices in Private Client, Utilities and Real Estate.
Wedlake Bell provides a full range of legal services to UK and international corporate clients, public institutions and individuals across all sectors. As an English commercial law firm our services related to English law but our outlook and client base is international. Our clients range from FTSE 100 firms, banks and financial institutions, owner-managed private companies to trade associations, governmental bodies, education establishments and private investors.
Our approach is to be commercial, flexible and pragmatic: we work with our clients as business partners and not simply as suppliers of legal services, priding ourselves on developing excellent personal as well as professional relationships.Show more +
Kam’s practice focuses on advising issuers, nomads and brokers on initial and secondary fundraisings, private placings and capital markets work as well as domestic and international M&A, private equity, joint venture and corporate finance transactions.
- Advised Diversified Gas & Oil plc on an acquisition for an agreed consideration of $575 million satisfied in cash at completion using gross proceeds of (i) a $250 million placing of new shares on AIM and (ii) a new revolving debt facility of up to $1 billion. This was the largest acquisition by an oil and gas company in the history of the AIM Market.
- Acted for an AIM broker in connection with a £30m secondary placing.
- Advised a number of companies in relation to the issue of debt securities on European exchanges.
- Acted for a leading London golf club in connection with loan note offers to its members in order for it to acquire its freehold from the Crown.
- Acted for the selling shareholders of a business telecoms and imaging technology company.
- Advised a leading commercial property company with a portfolio of over £250m in connection with its acquisitions and restructurings.
Kam graduated from Leeds University in Law and continued her legal studies at the College of Law, London. She went on to qualify as a solicitor in 2007 with the US law firm Faegre & Benson before moving on to McCarthy Tétrault and then Bates Wells & Braithwaite. Kam joined Wedlake Bell as an Associate in the Corporate team in 2015.
She is admitted to practice in the state of New York.Show more +
Corporate Governance & Compliance in England
Wedlake Bell LLP, 71 Queen Victoria Street, London, EC4V 4AY