IP - Trademark & Copyright in Indonesia
KMO Building, Fl. 05, Suite 502, Jl. Kyai Maja No. 1, Jakarta, 12120
K&K Advocates – intellectual property (K&K) is a boutique Intellectual Property (IP) firm which specializes in providing services in all spectrums of IP areas and technology. The firm comprises 3 Partners, 10 Associates, 2 Patent Consultants, 2 Off-counsel (specializing for Telecommunication, Media and Technology (TMT) and General Corporate), 4 paralegals and a number of support staffs.
K&K provides a full range of services relating to IP and TMT with a particular strength in IP Prosecution, Commercial IP and Enforcement/Litigation. K&K has also expanded its services to serve clients in relation to general corporate matters with focus on Banking, Fintech, Privacy and Data Protection and Construction,
Our attorneys’ knowledge in an Indonesian regulatory context is regularly sought by multinational clients, foreign governments and international organisations. We also draw upon our international network to manage the IP portfolios of a diverse range of clients across many industries and technologies.
Our attorneys’ dedicate themselves to understanding our clients’ business and working closely with clients to achieve the best possible commercial result from the transaction. Whatever your business, seeking discerning legal advice to secure and exploit your IP rights is critical to making strategic commercial decisions. Our attorneys will work with you to understand your needs and to help maximize your investment.Show more +
Justisiari Perdana Kusumah (Justi) is the founding partner of K&K Advocates - intellectual property and has been practising as a lawyer for more than 20 years. Justi has extensive experience in assisting clients and the Indonesian government to:
- secure protection for trademarks, copyrights, patents, trade secrets and industrial designs;
- prepare for and coordinate anti-counterfeiting action and other IP enforcement actions, as well as defending IP rights through the Indonesian judicial system;
- coordinate civil litigation on behalf of clients in relation to copyright, trademark and patent infringement;
- initiate various trademark cancellation claims against bad-faith registrations;
- provide advisory services in relation to commercial and regulatory IP issues, franchising and licensing as well as telecommunications, broadcasting, data privacy, advertising and electronic commerce; and
- conduct capacity building for government and police officers as well as providing input concerning various IP regulations and taking part in the government working committee for various IP draft laws, namely copyright, patent and trademark.
Justi has a bachelor of laws and master of laws from Padjajaran University. He was the President of the Indonesia Association of Intellectual Property Consultants (2010-2013), a member of the International Trademark Association (INTA) and the INTA Anti-counterfeiting Committee East Asia & Pacific Sub-committee. He was also head of the Asian Patent Attorneys Association, Anti-counterfeiting Committee (Indonesia chapter, 2012-2015), founder and secretary general member of the Indonesian Anti-counterfeiting Society (MIAP), and a member of the IP Expert Team of the Ministry of Law and Human Rights of the Republic of Indonesia (2011 – 2016).
In particular, Justi has been continuously advising world-leading software manufacturers, fashion industries, consumer goods, in relation to enforcement and litigation against infringement of trademark and copyright in computer software in Indonesia. His knowledge of IP principles in an Indonesian regulatory context is regularly sought by multinational clients, foreign governments and international organisations. Justi is widely recognised as a leading IP lawyer and sought by many clients to provide delicate and cutting-edge IP advice and strategies.Show more +