Commercial Law in Dominican Republic
Avenida Gustavo Mejía Ricart, esquina Abraham Lincoln, Torre Piantini, Suite 901 Santo Domingo, Santo Domingo
Caceres Torres is a full service law firm located in Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic, with emphasis in corporate and business law, commercial law, banking law, family law, tax law, litigation and arbitration.
Our lawyers have ample practice and experience in advising national and international clients with legal and business needs providing effective, challenging and innovative legal work in different areas of law and business in general. At Caceres Torres, we value long-term client relationships. That’s why we make it a priority to help contribute to our client’s success, whether that means advising, structuring a business or project, solving a problem or helping clients to achieve their goal.Show more +
Areas of Practices:
Juan Manuel is a founder partner and manager of Cáceres Torres and heads the corporate and business practice of the firm. He was admitted in the Bar (Colegio Dominicano de Abogados) in 1999. His professional practice is focused mainly in corporate/commercial law with specialization in complex mergers and acquisitions, reorganizations, consolidations and liquidations. Juan Manuel has also worked in project financing cases including representation of lenders, borrowers and construction companies for private and public infrastructure projects.
In a customary basis he assists national and multinational companies and individuals in preparing and negotiating many forms of commercial agreements, acquisition of real estate and other types of assets and business, forming business entities and advising prospective business owners regarding the most advantageous business structure for the proposed business operations, joint ventures and taxation issues.
The area of practice of Juan Manuel also includes real estate, tax, construction and foreign investment. As a core area of practice Juan Manuel has handled inheritance matters, family law matters, divorces and residency, citizenship and migrations services.
• Bachelor of Law (Cum Laude), Pontificia Universidad Católica Madre y Maestra (PUCMM), Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic, 1998.
• Mc Gill University, Certificate of Proficiency in English. Mc Gill University. 1998.
• Humbold-Tulane University, Mediator Certification in a Cross Cultural Setting. 1998
• Mc Gill University, Graduate Diploma in Management. International Business Concentration. 1999.
• Harvard Law School, Program of Instructions for Lawyers 2000.
• LLM- Master of Laws in US and Global Business Law. Suffolk University Law School. Boston, United States of America. 2009.
• Dominican Bar Association (Colegio Dominicano de Abogados).
• Member of the Congress of Fellows of the Center for International Legal Studies. Congress ofFellows (CILS).
• International Association of Young Lawyers (AIJA).