Commercial Law in Panama
50th Street,, Plaza 2000 Building, 10th Floor,, Panama City
About the Firm
Pardini & Asociados is a Panama multi-disciplinary law firm, where our clients, transactions and awards are our best introduction. With 38 years of tradition and experience advising foreign clients and corporations of all sizes, we are your best choice for legal solutions.
The law firm has received the following awards during:
“Private Client – Dr. Juan F. Pardini” by Getting the Deal Through
"Environment, Energy & Natural Resources – Central America 2021 - Dr. Juan F. Pardini", by Who´s Who Legal
"Mining 2021 - Central America - Dr. Juan F. Pardini" by Who's Who Legal
"Private Cient Law Firm of the Year" by Corporate INTL
"National Leader - Central America 2020 - Aviation" by Who's Who Legal
"Global Leader - Mining 2020 - Dr. Juan F. Pardini" by Who's Who Legal
"Shipping & Maritime Law Firm of the year in Panama - 2020" by Corporate INTL"
How we can help you
- Advising clients on all aspects of corporate transactions and projects, including incorporated and non incorporated joint ventures, all kinds of agreements, mergers & acquisitions and more.
- Advising clients before regulatory bodies.
- Representing clients in obtaining all necessary permits and licenses.
- Advising clients on all aspects of regulatory proceedings.
- Advising clients on all areas of foreign investments.
- Representing projects sponsors, developers, financiers, equity partners and more.
Aviation & Maritime
- Advising clients in the context of foreign airlines operating in Panama, aircraft financing or leasing, or an aviation casualty.
- Representing clients regarding registration of ships or yachts, or financings, or litigation.
- Representing clients in the registration of trademarks, patents, copyrights and more.
- Litigation and enforcement of IP rights.
Energy, Mining & Petroleum
- Representing foreign and domestic groups in mining, petroleum and energy projects.
- Advising clients structuring PPA´s, merchant plants, hydro, thermal, wind and solar.
- Drafting all kinds of agreements as well as all regulatory work.
Real Estate, Hotels, Resorts & Casinos
- Advising foreign investors, developers, equity partners and banks in commercial, residential, industrial and mixed-use projects.
- Incorporation, transactional and regulatory work for hotels, resorts & casinos.
Litigation & Arbitration
- Representing clients on litigation or arbitration cases.
- Enforcement of foreign judgments and arbitral awards
About the Practice
Pardini & Asociados was founded in 1982 with an original practice in Corporate, Commercial, Admiralty and Maritime law, which still continues today.
Since then, our law firm has been at the forefront of many innovative legal developments and during the past 20 years, the law firm has developed a highly specialized practice in foreign investments. Pardini & Asociados has acted and assisted clients in different and important projects such as container port acquisition, electricity generation, mining joint venture, airport privatization, merger of oil companies, island resort hotel & marina, real estate development, airline acquisition, information technology, water and infrastructure projects.
Pardini & Asociados is the Panama member of IR Global, a multi-disciplinary professional services network bringing together independent law firms, tax advisers, investment and business consultants to provide advice to companies and individuals, amounting to 2,000 professionals in more than 75 countries around the world.
- Air China
- American Bridge Company
- Agilent Technologies
- Anglian Water International
- Assicurazioni Generali
- Aviva Reinsurance UK
- Bank of America
- Barclays Bank
- Beal Bank
- Booz Allen Hamilton
- Kellogg, Brown & Root
- Bunge & Born
- Cabo Tenders
- Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce
- Charles Taylor Consulting
- Club Corporation of America
- Copa Airlines
- Coast Eco Timber Panama
- Dekel Group
- Edelweiss Airlines
- Engie / Solar
- Ethiopian Airlines
- Exxon Mobil
- Fast Cat
- Fraser Yachts
- G Gaming
- Gas Group Construction
- Girag Panama
- Global Aerospace
- Global Engine Maintenance
- Grupo Tempel
- K-D Humboldt Wedag
- Halliburton Landmark
- Hong Kong Trade Development Council
- Interstate Highway Construction Inc.
- Istana Properties
- Kraft Foods
- Lufthansa AG
- Miramar Mining Corp.
- Mitsui & Co.
- National Bank of Kuwait
- N M Rothschild & Sons Ltd.
- Ninety Plus
- Oceanic Dreams Marine Transportation
- Overseas Private Investment
- Palmira Hydro
- Pelican Media UK
- Petroleos de Venezuela, S.A.
- Popa Paradise Beach Resort
- Primeyates Colombia
- Rincón Beach Developtment
- Sea Las Perlas Marine Transportation
- Societe Generale
- Sompo Japan Insurance Inc.
- Steamship Mutual
- Stevedoring Services of America
- Sumitomo Corporation
- Tektronix Inc.
- Telia AB
- Terramar Destinations
- Titan Fleet Management
- United Airlines
- United Technologies
- Walter P Moore
- West Coast Fishing Club
- World Trade Center Panama
- W Tec
- Wheaton Precious Metals
Born in Panama, Republic of Panama, January 12, 1963; admitted to the bar, 1986, Panama.
- University of Panama (Licenciate in Law and Political Sciences, 1986).
- Magdalen College (University of Oxford. 1986-1987), affiliated as research student at Jesus College, under Prof. RM Goode supervision (sept. 1988-june 1989).
- University of San Diego (1987-1988).
- Queen Mary College (University of London, 1988-1989).
- Pacific Admiralty, San Francisco (USA), 1992-2000.
- Lloyd's Practical Maritime Studies, Course on Charterparties London, 1993.
- Beaumont Garnault International Aviation Conference, London 1994-2014.
- Joint Venture and Strategic Alliances, Course New York Bar, 1999
- Jesus College, Offshore Institute Seminar, 1998.
- Published Works & Lectures
- Getting The Deal Through - Aviation Liability 2020
- Pardini & Asociados Co-Authored Getting The Deal Through: Air Transport 2019
- Update On Aviation Litigation Cases In Panama, Aviation & Shipping Newsletter, October, 2018
- Pardini & Asociados Co-Authored Getting The Deal Through: Air Transport 2018
- Pardini & Asociados Co-Authored Getting The Deal Through: Aviation Liability 2018
- Panama Amends Its Trust Law , Wealth, Tax & Corporate Services Newsletter, Novembre, 2017
- Free Trade Zones: Tax And New Regulations, Foreign Investment Newsletter, July, 2017
- Law 51 Of 2016: Legal Framework For Fatca And CRS, Wealth, Tax & Corporate Services Newsletter, May, 2017
- Regulations and Amendments Introduced for the Maritime Industry, The Panama Legal Report, May, 2016;
- Panama Adopts New Legislation to Supress Money Laundering, Terrorism Financing and Massive Weapons Proliferation , The Panama Legal Report, August, 2015;
- “Canada Panama Free Trade Agreement”, The Panama Legal Report, June, 2014"Contract of Reinsurance", Thesis, 1987;
- "Panama enacts new Tourism Law: Law 431 of 2012",The Panama Legal Report, July 2013;
- "Anatomy of a Ship Arrest in Panama", The Panama Admiralty Law Report, Jan 2002;
- "Maritime Injunctions in Panama", The Panama Admiralty Law Report 2002;
- “Regulating Tourism Investment in Panama”, 1994;
- "Fiscal Advantages of Law 8 of 1994";
- "Panama Maritime Procedural Law", Lloyd's Maritime and Commercial Law Quarterly, 1991; "Piracy and Unfair Competition at Colon Free Zone", University of San Diego, 1988;
- "Responsibilities of Flag Countries according to the 1982 United Nations Convention on the Law of the Sea", University of San Diego, 1988;
- Panama Bar Association
- Panama Maritime Law Association
- American Chamber of Commerce
- Areas of Experience:
- Foreign Investments
- Representative Experience:
- Representing reinsurers and airlines in several claims, including aviation accidents
- Representing marine industry and mega yacht owners
- Organization of several marine transportation companies in Panama
- Organization and advised of several Hotels & Resorts projects
- Several Tourism Services companies
- Awards & Recognition
- "Dispute resolution – 2019" by Legal 500 Latin America
- “Transport Central America 2016” by Who's Who Legal
- Languages:Spanish and English.