About the Firm
Pardini & Asociados is a Panama multi-disciplinary law firm, where our clients, transactions and awards are our best introduction. With 38 years of tradition and experience advising foreign clients and corporations of all sizes, we are your best choice for legal solutions.
The law firm has received the following awards during:
“Private Client – Dr. Juan F. Pardini” by Getting the Deal Through
"Environment, Energy & Natural Resources – Central America 2021 - Dr. Juan F. Pardini", by Who´s Who Legal
"Mining 2021 - Central America - Dr. Juan F. Pardini" by Who's Who Legal
"Private Cient Law Firm of the Year" by Corporate INTL
"National Leader - Central America 2020 - Aviation" by Who's Who Legal
"Global Leader - Mining 2020 - Dr. Juan F. Pardini" by Who's Who Legal
"Shipping & Maritime Law Firm of the year in Panama - 2020" by Corporate INTL"
How we can help you
- Advising clients on all aspects of corporate transactions and projects, including incorporated and non incorporated joint ventures, all kinds of agreements, mergers & acquisitions and more.
- Advising clients before regulatory bodies.
- Representing clients in obtaining all necessary permits and licenses.
- Advising clients on all aspects of regulatory proceedings.
- Advising clients on all areas of foreign investments.
- Representing projects sponsors, developers, financiers, equity partners and more.
Aviation & Maritime
- Advising clients in the context of foreign airlines operating in Panama, aircraft financing or leasing, or an aviation casualty.
- Representing clients regarding registration of ships or yachts, or financings, or litigation.
- Representing clients in the registration of trademarks, patents, copyrights and more.
- Litigation and enforcement of IP rights.
Energy, Mining & Petroleum
- Representing foreign and domestic groups in mining, petroleum and energy projects.
- Advising clients structuring PPA´s, merchant plants, hydro, thermal, wind and solar.
- Drafting all kinds of agreements as well as all regulatory work.
Real Estate, Hotels, Resorts & Casinos
- Advising foreign investors, developers, equity partners and banks in commercial, residential, industrial and mixed-use projects.
- Incorporation, transactional and regulatory work for hotels, resorts & casinos.
Litigation & Arbitration
- Representing clients on litigation or arbitration cases.
- Enforcement of foreign judgments and arbitral awards
About the Practice
Pardini & Asociados was founded in 1982 with an original practice in Corporate, Commercial, Admiralty and Maritime law, which still continues today.
Since then, our law firm has been at the forefront of many innovative legal developments and during the past 20 years, the law firm has developed a highly specialized practice in foreign investments. Pardini & Asociados has acted and assisted clients in different and important projects such as container port acquisition, electricity generation, mining joint venture, airport privatization, merger of oil companies, island resort hotel & marina, real estate development, airline acquisition, information technology, water and infrastructure projects.
Pardini & Asociados is the Panama member of IR Global, a multi-disciplinary professional services network bringing together independent law firms, tax advisers, investment and business consultants to provide advice to companies and individuals, amounting to 2,000 professionals in more than 75 countries around the world.
- Air China
- American Bridge Company
- Agilent Technologies
- Anglian Water International
- Assicurazioni Generali
- Aviva Reinsurance UK
- Bank of America
- Barclays Bank
- Beal Bank
- Booz Allen Hamilton
- Kellogg, Brown & Root
- Bunge & Born
- Cabo Tenders
- Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce
- Charles Taylor Consulting
- Club Corporation of America
- Copa Airlines
- Coast Eco Timber Panama
- Dekel Group
- Edelweiss Airlines
- Engie / Solar
- Ethiopian Airlines
- Exxon Mobil
- Fast Cat
- Fraser Yachts
- G Gaming
- Gas Group Construction
- Girag Panama
- Global Aerospace
- Global Engine Maintenance
- Grupo Tempel
- K-D Humboldt Wedag
- Halliburton Landmark
- Hong Kong Trade Development Council
- Interstate Highway Construction Inc.
- Istana Properties
- Kraft Foods
- Lufthansa AG
- Miramar Mining Corp.
- Mitsui & Co.
- National Bank of Kuwait
- N M Rothschild & Sons Ltd.
- Ninety Plus
- Oceanic Dreams Marine Transportation
- Overseas Private Investment
- Palmira Hydro
- Pelican Media UK
- Petroleos de Venezuela, S.A.
- Popa Paradise Beach Resort
- Primeyates Colombia
- Rincón Beach Developtment
- Sea Las Perlas Marine Transportation
- Societe Generale
- Sompo Japan Insurance Inc.
- Steamship Mutual
- Stevedoring Services of America
- Sumitomo Corporation
- Tektronix Inc.
- Telia AB
- Terramar Destinations
- Titan Fleet Management
- United Airlines
- United Technologies
- Walter P Moore
- West Coast Fishing Club
- World Trade Center Panama
- W Tec
- Wheaton Precious Metals
Born in Panama, Republic of Panama, December 1, 1954.
Admitted to the bar, 1977, Panama.
- University of Panama (Licenciate in Law and Political Sciences, 1977).
- Tulane University (LL.M., 1978).
- University of Madrid, PhD studies (1980).
- Published Works & Lectures
- Legal Framework For Lng In Panama, Energy, Mining, Petroleum, Lng & Natural Resources Newsletter, March, 2021
- Getting The Deal Through - Private Client - Panama Chapter 2019
- Update On Aviation Litigation Cases In Panama, Aviation & Shipping Newsletter, October, 2018
- Update On Petroleum Free Zones, Foreign Invesment Newsletter, September, 2018
- Reviving Panama Corporations And Their Tax Consequence, Wealth, Tax & Corporate Services Newsletter, April, 2018
- Real Estate Investment Companies (REITs), The Panama Legal Report, August, 2016
- New Legislation Affects Tax Advantages Regarding Intellectual Property Transactions, The Panama Legal Report, October, 2015;
- "Tax Effects of the Dissolution of Companies", The Panama Legal Report, February, 2015;
- Panama Foundations as a Vehicle for Asset Protection, International Tax Planning Conference, 2014.
- "Family Offices", Practical Latin American Tax Strategies, January, 2014;
- "Recent Significant Changes in Panama Mining Law", The Panama Legal Report, September, 2012;
- The Forgotten Trust”, Step Journal, November, 2010;
- The ABA Guide to International Business Negotiations, 2009.
- "Panama Limited Liability Companies," The Panama Legal Report, July, 2009;"Estate Planning in Panama," The Panama Legal Report, January, 2009;
- "Panama as a Regional Headquarters for Multinationals," The Panama Legal Report, April, 2007;
- "The New Panama Island Law," The Panama Legal Report, August, 2006;
- "Petroleum Free Zones of Panama," Oil, Gas & Energy Law Journal, February, 2004;
- "Mergers & Acquisitions in Panama," The Panama Legal Report, January, 2003;
- "The Panama Canal Silicon Valley," Panama Legal Report, 2000;
- "Doing Business in Panama," International Business Lawyer, Vol. 22, No. 6, 1994;
- "Legal Aspects of Mining in Panama," Investing in the Americas, 1992;
- "Legal Considerations about Oil Exploration in Panama," The ABC of Investing in Panama, 1991;
- "Mining Investments in Panama," International Business Lawyer, Vol. 19, No. 3, 1991;
- "Panama Welcomes Foreigners," Euromoney International Review, Vol. 1, No. 6, 1990;
- International Practice: Thelen Reid & Priest, New York, 1980-82.
- Panama Bar Association
- American Bar Association, Chairman, Energy & Natural Resources Committee, ABA (2000-2003)
- Panama Canada Chamber of Commerce (President 2005-Present)
- American Chamber of Commerce of Panama (President 1995-1996)
- Panama Council for Investment & Development (President 1995-2004)
- New York State Bar Association, Co-Chairman, Panama Chapter.
- US-Panama Business Council (former member, Board of Directors)
- Japan-Panama Friendship Association (former member, Board of Directors)
- Society of Trust & Estate Practitioners (STEP)
- Other: Ambassador of Panama for Trade Matters 1993-95
- Areas of Experience
- Corporate / Transactional
- Foreign Investments / Joint Ventures / M&As
- Aviation & Maritime – Transactional
- Energy / Mining / Petroleum
- Foundations /Trusts / Taxation
- Representative Experience
- Corporate restructuring of major Middle East group with multinational operations
- Gold mining exploration joint ventures for Canadian and Panamanian groups
- Multiple hydroelectric projects with transactional matters for US group
- Corporate legal opinions for European bank
- Incorporation and transactional work for major international airline
- International tender offer and corporate work for French solar power company
- Set up of Multi-Family Office for European group.
- Structuring of multiple trust and foundations for Cyprus/Russian group.
- Awards & Recognition
- "Central America - Environment, Energy & Natural Resources – 2021" by Who's Who Legal
- "Global Leader - Mining 2020" by Who's Who Legal
- "Corporate and M&A, Dispute Resolution 2019" by Legal 500 Latin America
- “Natural Resources – 2016” by Who's Who Legal Central America
- Languages: Spanish and English
Commercial Law in Panama
50th Street,, Plaza 2000 Building, 10th Floor,, Panama City