MINIMUM PAY RATES TO INCREASE BY 3.3% AND OTHER CHANGES TAKING EFFECT ON 1 JULY 2017
Published 09 Jun, 2017
Principal - Whitehall Workplace Law
Jeremy Cousins deals with a wide range of workplace relations and employment matters including advising clients on industrial relations strategy, industrial disputes, restructuring, mergers and acquisitions, defending claims under the Fair Work Act 2009 (Cth) and under both state and federal discrimination legislation.
He assists clients with workplace investigations, performance and injury management issues, acts as an advocate in conciliation, tribunal, commission and court proceedings and has particular experience in the prosecution of claims arising out of breaches of confidentiality and restraint of trade matters.
Jeremy’s experience includes:
- Award and enterprise agreement interpretation
- Confidential information, restrictive covenants and other post-employment issues (including obtaining and executing Anton Piller (Search) Orders)
- Construction industry and Fair Work (Building Industry) Act 2012 (Cth) matters including investigations and examinations etc.
- Disciplinary issues, employee grievances and performance management
- Discrimination, sexual harassment and bullying issues
- Employment contracts and executive agreements
- Enterprise agreements including assistance with negotiations, drafting and agreement making
- Fair Work Commission matters
- Human resources policies / codes of conduct
- Independent contractor agreements
- Industrial disputes / industrial action
- Labour hire agreements
- Management of injured workers
- Right of entry
- Strategic industrial relations and employment advice
- Transfer of business issues and employee due diligence – arising on outsourcing, insourcing, restructuring, mergers and acquisitions
- Unfair dismissal and “adverse action” claims
- Workplace health and safety
- Workplace investigations (including equal opportunity, bullying and harassment, misconduct and employee fraud investigations)
Jeremy is an updating author of Thomson’s Lawbook The Laws of Australia labour law chapters on The Australian Industrial Relations System and Awards and Agreements and the Work chapter in the Human Rights section. He is also a Certified Professional with the Australian Human Resources Institute.
We help our clients to quickly cut through the complexities of the Australian employment law and industrial relations framework.
We enable you to focus on running your business while we take care of the details of your case or provide the advice you need.
We communicate with you during the entire advice or resolution process, ensuring you are informed of your options and aware of the likelihood of securing the outcome you expect.
Whether you need advice, guidance on compliance, dispute resolution or other employment law or industrial relations legal services, our flexible, personalised approach is what makes the difference.
Published 09 Jun, 2017
Published 18 Jan, 2017
Published 15 Nov, 2016
Published 28 Sep, 2016
Published 16 Sep, 2016